HW-K950 D.IN mode to TvARC

Constellation

Re: HW-K950 Scrolling Messaage

+1 back from holidays. No TV ARC. WTF is going on with this soundbar. I guess I have to resort to an optical cable now.

Astronaut

This just happened to me too! Was working perfectly and now all of a sudden no ARC. This is really ridiculous

Cosmic Ray

Add me to the list soundbar arc worked fine for 2 months then today when I turned on system... No arc 

Cosmic Ray

I would not call it fixed but I was able to get ARC working on my k950.... Do all of you have samsung TVs as well.... Maybe with the one connect box? I unplugged all the hdmi cables and the the cable to one connect, then physically removed power to the TV for 15 minutes plugged back in and ARC was working 

Cosmic Ray

I think my issue is with the TV not the sound bar. I have a Samsung MU8500

Constellation

I have a simular situation but here with a 60KS7000. When I connect the Soundbar to a 49Q7F Qled ARC works.

With the 60KS7000 I can select HWK950 over HDMI, I can change the volume and see a Soundbar icon on my TV. Soundbar LED says Vol+/Vol- but no sound at all

Supernova

Hey guys, I have attached a link below to the products compatible with HW-K950.

https://www.samsung.com/us/televisions-home-theater/home-theater/sound-bars/hw-k950-za-hw-k950-za-re...

Constellation

[ Edited ]

I was just traveling for the week. While I was gone the power went out. When I got home the sound system was connected to the TV (Samsung UM8000F) via Wifi only. No HDMI ARC available. I tried resetting the sound system, changing HDMI cables, turning off, then turning on the Anynet+ settings, unplugging the sound system completely, waiting 5 minutes, etc. The final solution ended up being to unplug the TV itself and the sound system (probably only needed to unplug the TV) and let it sit for 5 minutes. I plugged everything back in and turned it on. Instant HDMI ARC connection upon power up. All is now right in the world. 

I don't know if the power outage screwed with the TV or if something updated and threw it off, but the solution to unplug everything, let is sit a few minutes and power it back on worked for me as well.

It seemed to be TV related, not directly related to the sound system itself.

Astronaut

Hi, exactly the same problem here, bought a Samsung MU8000 with Soundbar HW-K950 and from the beginning no ARC sound through soundbar. Solution fot me:

-put on Anynet+ via tv menu

-put on Anynet+ on soundbar by pressing right menu button on rc soundbar for about 10secs

-unplug oneconnectbox tv for 10 mins

-unplug powercord tv & soundbar for 10 mins

when reconnecting everything ARC worked for the first time, it never worked from purchasemoment. 

-check for firmwareupdate soundbar with multiroomapp samsung; i’ve latest.

goodluck!!

Astronaut

I had the same problem but followed your instructions and the TV and Soundbar now working together and Soundbar shows TV ARC. Thank you.