HW-K950 D.IN mode to TvARC

Constellation

Re: HW-K950 Scrolling Messaage

I have the same problem

TV: Samsung q8 (75)

With the hw-k950cconnected with HDMI to

TV arc, worked for about 2 minutes then switched to D.IN can't get it back.

Both TV and soundbar have the current firmware.

Losing my mind.

Constellation

Hi,

Thank you very much for your tip. It worked fine for me too. My Samsung TV stop recognizing the HW-K950 after one week unplugged. When I restart the TV and the soundbar, the soundbar didn't appear in the TV list of speakers and the sound didn't power on withe the TV. So I let the TV unplugged from AV power one night and the morning when I replugged it, the sound bar appeared well in the list of speakers.

So, your solution was good. Thank you again.

Constellation

I was sent new One connect box, worked for 2 hours then back to no sound D-in. This is BS ? I may just return to Best Buy and go with something else ???

Supernova

Do you have a previous ticket number I can look into? 

Constellation

Re: HW-K950 D.IN mode to TvARC

Hi there I'm having the same problem with my second sound bar. Have you sorted your problem out and if so can you tell how.  Thanks bill

Asteroid

I paid almost $2,000.00 for this soundbar + sub + surround speakers and it doesn't work. Occasionally it teases me and works for a night here and there then stops again. Hello tech guys????

What are you guys doing. I actually switch all of my products from Sony to Samsung. This is how you guys treat you valuable customers ? 

When are you going to fix this obvious software issue, at least tell us you realize there is an issue and are working toward a fix! That way we can all stop wasting our time with these so called fixes that don't work.

Waiting ................

Constellation

I fixed mine had the same issue after the TV updated and the soundbar wasn't connecting.  You need to download Samsung's app samsung multiroom and update the soundbar via wifi.  Mine was fixed instantly courtesy store manager of bestbuy duluth.

Constellation

More magic! Same with MS550. Connect to Samsung TV with decent HDMI cable, using HDMI ARC ports. Turn off  everything for 10 minutes. Hey presto TV ARC appears on start up. 

TV switches on soundbar and one can now choose Dolby Digital. Big difference!

Yay!

Constellation

I have same issue, my k-950 soundwar stopped appearing in my tv setting, so I cannot output audio to soundbar, i did a chat with samsung it was a total waste of time he made me disocnnect, reconnect everything, same results I gave up on him, I paid 2000$ for this piece of garbage that stopped working after couple months, any help out there? I powered off back on, same result.

it stopped working for 2 days, i disconnect one connect, then i do not see it the soundbar option in my tv setting. what a utter piece of cr ap, samsung any help????

Constellation

I have the same issue here too. With this many people having the same issue it’s obviously a software issue on samgsungs end. Have they acknowledged it yet? Can’t they just immediately release a patch separating the “tv arc” and “d.in” to seperate channels until they can problem solve what the issue is?

have an atmos ready OLED lg tv, worked perfectly a few months back, but has been stuck on “d.in” since then. I’ve tried all the solutions in this thread to no avail. Also, the sound bar can’t pass through a 4K HDR signal without sacrificing atmos to do so. So I have to choose between HDR or atmos on a $1600 sound system. 

This has been one of the worst purchases I’ve made. Samsung need to up their game.