HW-K950 D.IN mode to TvARC

Cosmic Ray

Re: HW-K950 Scrolling Messaage

[ Edited ]

@userhEnd1qd5Yhwrote:

I have the same issue here too. With this many people having the same issue it’s obviously a software issue on samgsungs end. Have they acknowledged it yet? Can’t they just immediately release a patch separating the “tv arc” and “d.in” to seperate channels until they can problem solve what the issue is?

have an atmos ready OLED lg tv, worked perfectly a few months back, but has been stuck on “d.in” since then. I’ve tried all the solutions in this thread to no avail. Also, the sound bar can’t pass through a 4K HDR signal without sacrificing atmos to do so. So I have to choose between HDR or atmos on a $1600 sound system. 

This has been one of the worst purchases I’ve made. Samsung need to up their game. 

It has become clear that Samsung doesn't really want/prioritize any improvements to HW-K950 anymore. With a new model coming this summer and the lack of interest from support, it seems that we are pretty much left to complain until our posts are eventually pushed way down in the forum.

And if I'm wrong, I will gladly accept any evidence by Samsung support telling otherwise. Feel free to show me that Samsung actually does anything to help with all the complaints on the HW-K950. Because the firmware updates are lacking and far in between. Not everything can be fixed by buying new cables, resetting (and resetting, and resetting) and staring endlessly at manuals.

Constellation

One way perhaps to ensure Samsung does not take its customer granted is to start leaving Honest, Negative reviews for this sound bar on Amazon, Samsung Site, Best Buy, Frys etc. - so that potential new buyers are aware of the various issues and Samsung's total apathy towards customers. 

Asteroid

Re: HW-K950 D.IN mode to TvARC

Yes!!

I was able to down load an update via wifi and the system works perfectly everytime I turn it on now. Thank you everyone for your help and thank you tech guys for figuring this glitch out. All of my Samsung products work perfectly together now. 

Thank you

Sean D

@userbpmeiSEvyM wrote:

I paid almost $2,000.00 for this soundbar + sub + surround speakers and it doesn't work. Occasionally it teases me and works for a night here and there then stops again. Hello tech guys????

What are you guys doing. I actually switch all of my products from Sony to Samsung. This is how you guys treat you valuable customers ? 

When are you going to fix this obvious software issue, at least tell us you realize there is an issue and are working toward a fix! That way we can all stop wasting our time with these so called fixes that don't work.

Waiting ................

Asteroid

Re: HW-K950 D.IN mode to TvARC

Yes!!

I was able to down load an update via wifi and the system works perfectly everytime I turn it on now. Thank you everyone for your help and thank you tech guys for figuring this glitch out. All of my Samsung products work perfectly together now. 

Thank you

Sean D

@userbpmeiSEvyM wrote:

I paid almost $2,000.00 for this soundbar + sub + surround speakers and it doesn't work. Occasionally it teases me and works for a night here and there then stops again. Hello tech guys????

What are you guys doing. I actually switch all of my products from Sony to Samsung. This is how you guys treat you valuable customers ? 

When are you going to fix this obvious software issue, at least tell us you realize there is an issue and are working toward a fix! That way we can all stop wasting our time with these so called fixes that don't work.

Waiting ................

Astronaut

This is terrible from Samsung as many people are struggling with the same problem and we have to mess around unplugging and disconnecting HDMI cables?? Paid £900 for a Sound bar that doesn't work properly and comes with all these problems! No solution when I rang Samsung support other then return it and buy a more recent soundbar! Terrible service and now I'm going to be looking to return this sound bar and buy a different brand! 🤬

Constellation

Just bought my HW-K950 today and paired it with a brand new 65” NU8000. Worked well for the first time, but after several times turning it on and off, no more TV Speaker or tvARC showing and instead AVR Speaker shown. No longer can i see the Soundbar on my TV.

Tried everything, changed cables, turned off and on again, updating firmware, no go. Getting frustrated here.

Samsung Moderator

The soundbar is plugged directly into the television and not a receiver, correct?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Samsung Moderator

Are you still needing assistance?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

Re: HW-K950 ARC not working

Still not fixed. Hellllllooooooooooo Samsung?? I'm extremely close to replacing every single Samsung product in my house with something else. This customer service is horrendous. 

Constellation

Sorry Samsung but your service and your prodcuts are absolute GARBAGE.

You have a product out there that is clearly faulty and is causing problems for so many people who are reaching out for help yet you haven't provided a solution for it.

I have the same issue as the rest. 

TV: LG EA9800 (with ARC support)

Connection: K950 connected directly to tv's ARC port

Anynet is on

Sound output on tv is set to ARC

Yet, NOTHING. No sound at all.

I'll be returning this garbage over the weekend and getting an LG soundbar instead. 

This was the only Samsung product I'd invested in in more than a decade after having been burned by this garbage brand before. Things clearly haven't improved quality wise nor service wise for this Mickey Mouse company who just want to take your money and run.