HW-K950 D.IN mode to TvARC

Constellation

Re: HW-K950 Scrolling Messaage

Between the constant unpairing issue of the wireless speakers and now being stuck with D.IN and no ARC functionality I'm at my wits end. Is there any way to hard reset this thing?

The software is up to date.

Samsung Moderator

@ usereyvYxc9vDh When did this symptom start? Can you Private Message the full model and serial numbers Here

Astronaut

Did you get this working?  I just bought the same set up as you and I have been unable to connect. It was trying to connect BT but now all my display shows is D.In. 

Astronaut

Re: HW-K950 D.IN mode to TvARC

How did you download an update for the soundbar?  Via an app?  Via wifi?  Thanks. 

I finally solved this in my setup.  It turns out that it was my cable box/DVR.  I had a Samsung 6-tuner cable box from Spectrum.  That model simply does not work with Anynet/CEC.  I would get the ARC connection every time without the cable box connected, but it would never work with it connected.

In the end, I swapped that DVR for a new 4-tuner from Spectrum and ARC has worked ever since.

Astronaut

I am having the same issue of D.IN not switching to TV ARC with the latest N950 model too. I am using LG C8 and both the TV and Soundbar were working fine 2 weeks ago when i first got it. But now is by "luck" the D.IN will switch to TV ARC....

Constellation

I downloaded it by wifi. It works well after update and unplug the power adapter and plug in. The key point is, update and unplug. 

Constellation

I just started having this problem with my k950.  I have to turn on/off the soundbar and unplug and replug the cables for about 2 minutes before it starts working again.  Ridiculous that this seems to be a problem for everyone and they haven't fixed it.  

Constellation

I reset my soundbar using the "settings" button on the remote as someone suggested.  It worked for one day, then stopped working.  Now, no matter how many times I reset, or plug in or unply my cables, I can't get it to pick up ARC.  I really hate this soundbar right now.  I bought the Geek Squad protection plan from Best Buy so I will take it in and see what they say.  Hopefully they can give me a refund so I can get something else....

Constellation

*ucking Samsung you guys listening?