HW-K950 D.IN mode to TvARC

Constellation

Re: HW-K950 D.IN mode to TvARC

My setup is with UN65MU8000 and directly connected to TV with HDMI port on ARC ports.

Things were working until I upgraded my firmware tonight and now the ARC option is gone. I tried reseting TV and re-setup my soundbar number of times but no luck.

I read someone with LG tv setup was successful in getting the ARC option back. Was anyone with SAMSUNG TV (UN65MU8000) had any luck ?

Thanks!

Asteroid

Ok, So this proceedure seems to work !

If I "remember" to turn off the sound bar (HW- K950) with the supplied remote ..... BEFORE I shut off my samsung TV with the system remote (my bell fibe remote) everything seems to work fine. If I forget the DIN occurs, then I have to unplug the sound bar from power and ARC cable for 24 hrs to reset it. Again if I remember to follow the above proceedure it works every time. Sound bar powered on with it's own remote AFTER TV start up and off with suppied sound bar remote BEFORE TV shut down.

Hope this helps everyone out

Cheers 🤟

Constellation

I sent my soundbar back in to Samsung, and they replaced the circuit board and sent it back.  The ARC connection works, but now I can't get the soundbar to connect to the subwoofer and surround speakers.  I called customer service and tried everything.  Now I may have to send this thing back to Samsung, although the rep suggested they may just send me a new one.  The issue was escalated and I am waiting for a call back.  

This is very frustrating.  To Samsung's credit, I think they realize these problems exist and are very willing to try to fix the issues.  I'll post an update when I get resolution to this issue.  

Constellation

Re: HW-K950 Scrolling Messaage

This totally worked for me.....My TV is above my fireplace with the Samsung soundbar on the mantle so no easy task to get up there and disconnect all the cables.....all the power however is fed down to the basement so I just go downstairs and pull one plug and it dusconnects everything (Samsung TV, DVR, HW-K950).....so unplugged, let sit for 10 min and replugged all back in.....poof, TV Arc option fired right backup.

Thank you!

Constellation

Re: HW-K950 Scrolling Messaage

I had power outage cause the same problem and I also have a Samsung TV - UN65MU6500F. Unplugging the TV for 2 minutes resolved the issue. It must be a problem on the TV side.