HW-K950 known issues

Asteroid

HW-K950 known issues

Let's gather a list of all known issues we have with this soundbar and check them as (read: if) they get fixed.

- Sound bar shuts down if no audio input is received within 5 minutes

- ARC stops working, and not even a factory reset helps. Remove power cord and wait for a few hours

- Rear speakers get disconnected

- Static noise from rear speakers

Whould be fun to see the tickets Samsung has internally for K950 Smiley Wink

34 REPLIES

Re: HW-K950 known issues

I wonder if all 950s have static on the rear speakers.

I spoke to Samsung and am able to send them for "repair" but involves a 2 hour round trip for me to get it to the repair center, or some massive postage cost. This seems rather pointless if it's just a feature.

I would say the static isn't very noticeable from a distance, it just sound generally rubbish so I wondwr if people notice. 

Maybe I should demo them somewhere to compare. 

Samsung Moderator

@userHpt4EFoq8a: Could you send us a private message with any transaction numbers you may have?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Asteroid

Not only do I have constant static on rears, I get popping static when I play ATMOS (unprocessed bitstream setting on the player).

Astronaut

[ Edited ]

I have  the same issues with my hwk950 connecting to a Samsung TV. I have another set (hwj-7500 - curved soundbar) and I don’t seem to have these issues. If I had known this earlier, I would have not purchased it. I called Samsung support and the support person was the least helpful. He blamed it on the interferences in my house. I did my research and some guy mentioned that Samsung speakers uses 2.4 GHz frequency  as most other WiFi devices nearby e.g. my connecting TV. Connecting my TV through Ethernet seemed to have significantly reduced the disconnection. These are common issues for this model and Samsung would not own up to it. It makes me thinking twice now about buying Samsung entertainment systems.

Asteroid

When connected to a PC you can't select 3840x2160@60hz in HDR because the soundbar is passing the wrong information on what your tv's capable of. For some reason it is saying it's native resolution is 3840x2160@45hz which the screen doesn't support and the screen goes black. This worked before the 3114 update so shouldn't be hard to fix.
Constellation

I have an HW-950 and purchased it 45 days ago, it has been in the repiar shop and they replaced the mother board or so they said: bottom line it works then ARC cuts off and I can't get any sound whatsoever. Anyone else have this issue?

Asteroid

It's been now what, a half a year and still the Windows resolutions can't be passed via the soundbar. Tick tock..tick tock... Luckily I don't have a lot of Atmos content on my Windows.

Asteroid

[ Edited ]

HDR resolusion problem fix: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Home-Theater-Home-Audio/Samsung-K950-PC-wrong-EDID/m-p/235337/hi... 

Ore fix 2: Conect PC to TV and optical to Soundbar. Shout down ARC. No ATMOS but fix the problem.

4K Netflix Black Screen if PC is conected direktly. HDMI out and in fix it. Maby a Netflix DRM problem or Nvida problem. No Kaby lake CPU, I have Ryzen CPU, but Nvidia GPU 10XX serie.

Yes it is the europa version 960 but cant find any samsung forum on their website.

Asteroid

Attn: Samsung 

Hi Drowsy,

Tell me have you had any feedback yet from your posted questions? I’ll share my experience below - Samsung & Anyone if you can assist it would be greatly appreciated.

I have the same soundbar and similar issues, see below

- Sound bar shuts down if no audio input is received within 5 minutes

* I haven’t experienced this but I’ve added one below:

- My input source almost always reverts to D.IN when the system is turned on in HDMI 1 (Foxtel)? Very annoying to switch it back everytime the TV comes on?? Any advice??

- ARC stops working, and not even a factory reset helps. Remove power cord and wait for a few hours

*have definitely experienced this and it is super frustrating, when brand new ARC was an option and now it doesn’t even cycle through?? This needs to be an update SAMSUNG surely we don’t need to be pulling the cord out for hours to access this feature? I to have tried the factory reset with no success?? Please explain?

- Rear speakers get disconnected

* I haven’t experienced this.

- Static noise from rear speakers

* I have & do experience this while watching foxtel another frustrating feature, I have not experienced it while watching Blurays/Games/music so it has to be a Foxtel/Samsung setting

- Finally when trying to update the speaker through the MultiRoom app the progress bar gets to 1/4 the way through and a note says “your on the current version” why doesn’t it continue it makes me think it’s not completing the search/update? And also no restart after?? Seems very odd, please explain?

Anyone if you can assist it would be great, it’s disappointing really this is the current top of the line soundbar system (excluding the newly released bars 03/18) its seems the first purchasers are being given the raw end of the stick I paid $2000 for mine and the most expensive on the Samsung website now is $999.. did we buy the trial Guinnepig model and pay more for it????

Samsung this is where you chime in with an update for your original loyal customers.

Please!!