HW-K950 known issues

Astronaut

Re: HW-K950 known issues

Wow a month and a half a go and nothing from Samsung? 

I’m returning mine

Constellation

Yep, pause what you’re watching for longer than five minutes and it shuts off. Annoying. 

Constantly having issues where the soundbar will be working but is unresponsive to the remote so can’t change volume, inputs. Needs to be power cycled. 

Most of the time when I first switch on or change to TVARC it’s muted. What’s the point. 

If not that, I’ll switch TV on, soundbar turns on not muted but there’s no sound. I need to then cycle through the inputs back to TVARC to get the sound working. 

And one change im still waiting on that I’m amazed isn’t available... let me program my universal remote to switch straight to an input instead of the archaic single button to cycle through inputs!!!

Writing this all out has annoyed me. Time to log a proper support ticket, his forum has proven to be completely useless for getting any information or results. 

Cosmic Ray

@Boournswrote:

Writing this all out has annoyed me. Time to log a proper support ticket, his forum has proven to be completely useless for getting any information or results. 

Unfortunately, the support on the forum seem completely unwilling to actually help with anthing that can't be copy/pasted from a handbook. And they never seem to have information about anything really Smiley Sad

Asteroid

Yes, and this was my last Samsung. Now I have Samsung and Netgear on my "non working produkt with bad update" on my list.

And on my list: we're not doing anything wrong, it's you - support I have Old Nokia orginal and now Samsung.

Constellation

[ Edited ]

*** Update ***

This worked for about a week Sigh.... I'll leave the post as it may still help someone.

---

I hate these speakers. I wish I never bought them.

I did solve my issues with the disconnecting rear speakers/subwoofer though. I don't know if this will help anyone as this soundbar seems to have a life of it's own. But worth a try!

Before you start, make sure your router has both a 2.4 and 5ghz band set up. As this is probably a interferance problem.

Try these steps:

1. On your remote, hold down the gear button for 15 sec or until you see Init roll on the soundbar display.

2. Turn off the soundbar and unplug and plug your speakers back in again. ( My subwoofer also disconnects so I just unplugged everything.)

3. Download the Samsung Multiroom app from your appstore.

4. Connect your phone to your 5ghz wifi.

5. On the back of the speakers/subwoofer, press and hold the ID SET button for 5 sec or untill the blue lights start blinking, use a toothpick.

6. On the back of the soundbar, press and hold the Wifi Setup button, you should hear a sound.

7. On your phone, open the Multiroom app and tap on 'Set up new speakers', choose New Soundbar and pray.

8. You will get asked to input your wifi password, make sure it's the 5ghz one you set up before starting these steps.

9. When and if your soundbar successfully connects to the 5ghz wifi band, turn it off and hold down the volume button until you see ID SET on the display. This should sync your speakers and subs.

10. Don't skip any steps!

That's it, my lights are blue again. Try to connect your other wifi devices to the 2.4ghz band from now on as I believe it's an interferance problem.

Now if we only could get Atmos over ARC...

Astronaut

Got an HW-K950 based on reviews. Sound is good...except for the rear speakers. Can't get anything above a whisper - and both blue lights are on. Upped the 'sound level' to max, and still nothing. Any suggestions?

Cosmic Ray

Nope, nothing you can do, just one of many defects and deficiencies. Only thing you can do is return it, not worth the powder to blow it to kingdom come, IMO.
Constellation

You'll need a Dolby Atmos supported device. I have the XBOX one S and now the X, and they both work fine. You'll need the Dolby Atmos app from the XBOX app store to setup your dolby atmos after connecting them properly. One of my rear speakers however went quiet after a year. The concept works perfectly, but the hardware is trash. I've always been a samsung fanboy but I'm disappointed. Anyway, hopefully this helps.

Constellation

Same here. Bar works but not Subwoofer or Surround.   When watching movie on TV cannot hear them unless you go put ear rite in from of them. It is connect to a new Samsung TV  UN65MU9000FXZA  with the supplied HDMI cable to the One Connect box in HDMI(ARC ,   All speaker have steady Blue light so all is connected.  But I bought it for Surround on movies on TV with some BOOM but Nothing just sound from the Bar.  If it is not going to have some Boom from subwoofer and surround I need to return this JUNK.   Anyone know what I did Wrong???  Worst Samsung product I ever bought unless can get sound out of something besides the sound bar.

tailgunner9@gmail.com

Constellation

Do Not Buy this.   Surround & Subwoofer is not work a darn, volume is Much Too Low.   You need to put you head up to them to hear.  Sound Bar itself is OK.  No way I have found to increase volume of just the Surround & Subwoofer, just increase the over all volume then the sound Bar is Too Loud!!!!  If only a way to increase volume of the other speakers.