HW-K950 known issues

Constellation

Re: HW-K950 known issues

@userfIysGIJBfg wrote:

Wow a month and a half a go and nothing from Samsung? 

I’m returning mine

Samsung don't care. It has had these issues since day one and now that the N950 is out they care even less about old products.

Constellation

I still just barely can hear the surround & subwoofer with sound turned up to where sound bar is much too loud.  Why can you not adjust sound on the surround and subwoofer so you can hear????   This is not worth $400 let only the $1500 it costs!!!!!! 

Constellation

Do not buy this because you have No adjustments for the 2 Surround Speakers which you can hardly hear even with your head beside them or subwoofer either.  Just the Bar works well.

Constellation

@Drowsy wrote:

Let's gather a list of all known issues we have with this soundbar and check them as (read: if) they get fixed.

- Sound bar shuts down if no audio input is received within 5 minutes

- ARC stops working, and not even a factory reset helps. Remove power cord and wait for a few hours

- Rear speakers get disconnected

- Static noise from rear speakers

Whould be fun to see the tickets Samsung has internally for K950 Smiley Wink

According to Samsung chat there are no reported issues with the K950. I chatted with someone yesterday about these issues and was told that it was a hardware issue and not software. They then proceeded to tell me to do a factory reset on it.

I told them to look at this forum and then left the chat. Seems like they are pretty clueless on the issues people are having.

Astronaut

Hi everyone

I have the k950 and it works fine but some how my kids lost the remote and now the sid buttons doesn't work at all!!

Any idea why 

Cosmic Ray

@coolin wrote:

@Drowsy wrote:

Let's gather a list of all known issues we have with this soundbar and check them as (read: if) they get fixed.

- Sound bar shuts down if no audio input is received within 5 minutes

- ARC stops working, and not even a factory reset helps. Remove power cord and wait for a few hours

- Rear speakers get disconnected

- Static noise from rear speakers

Whould be fun to see the tickets Samsung has internally for K950 Smiley Wink

According to Samsung chat there are no reported issues with the K950. I chatted with someone yesterday about these issues and was told that it was a hardware issue and not software. They then proceeded to tell me to do a factory reset on it.

I told them to look at this forum and then left the chat. Seems like they are pretty clueless on the issues people are having.

I was in contact with the Swedish PR-responsible and presented a long list of issues reported on this forum.

The response was that Samsung doesn't acknowledge any of the issues at all. There are no problems with the HW-K950.

After that I was refused any further comment on the issues.

The picture of how Samsung handles this product and its users is pretty clear – they dont want anything to do with it.

The thing that leaves a sour taste in my mouth is that they have behaved so badly towards the core purchasers who have the money and interest to buy their top of the line stuff. Really feels like shooting themselves in the foot by doing this. Looking at the forum a whole new generation are getting a taste of Samsung quality after buying the n950, humm think I might give that one a miss thanks samsung. 

Constellation

I had this same problem then read the HDMI cables Samsung provided are not good. I bought a new HDMI made for 4k/her/18gigs and look and behold, the sound is awesome!! So hard to believe that this was all it took to have great sound. The hiss from the rear Spears even went away. Wish Samsung would let people know this. The speakers ain't cheap!
Constellation

Did the hissing come back at all after replacing the hdmi cables?  I have tried everything else (reconnecting speakers, turning off wifi completely, changing WiFi channel etc) but still have this hissing during quiet movie scenes. 

See below from the manual, I assume this is referring to the ferrite cores on the hdmi cable.

"We recommend you use a coreless HDMI cable if possible. If you use a cored HDMI cable, use one whose diameter is less than 0.55 inches."

I find this strange as the hdmi cable supplied with the soundbar has a core on each end. Thoughts? 

Astronaut

I have the same issue