Astronaut

Re: HW-K950 known issues

Did u find the solution?
Astronaut

Did u find any solution?
Astronaut

I have pretty much all of the same issue, I didn’t actually notice until I updated the firmware. They advised me I had to ship my unit as well.

Such an expensive unit to have these issues.

Astronaut

Hi  Everyone who has had the misfortune to purchase a Samsung TV and the HW K 950 sound bar.

I purchased mine from Harvey Norman in Bundall Australia. The shop was playing the sound bar on a demo disc which sounded brilliant I asked the question would it play like this at home with the new Samsung TV i bought at the same time. I was assured it would. Well from the first install and many trips back to the shop and actually paying for professional installation I was fob off by the sales men and Installation chap. Neither of them said you need a compatible DVD player that supports Dolby atmos.  

I actuall gave up and excepted I'd bought a lemon. I moved the samsung and sound bar to another lounge. I attempted to install the system  myself so as you can image I was absolutely flawed to read in the actual manual provided that if I connected the sound bar via a MDMI cable to  TV ARC it will not  support Dolb Atmos!!!

HDMI PREVENTS ANY DEGRADATION TO THE SIGNAL DUE TO CONVERSION TO ANALOGUE AND MAINTAINS THE VIDEO AND AUDIO QUALITY OF THE ORIGINAL SOURCE"

If you read the manual on page 24 it clearly states the above connecting devices in order to use Dolby Atmos!

I guess if you were aware of this then great. it is very misleading and a total misrepresentation of the product.

I am going to the Office of Fair Trading and going to lodge a complaint. the sound bar cost $1600 plus $240 for product care so nearly $1900 for this product is a blatant rip off. 

I think owners of this product should not accept such a total misrepresentation along with the faults.

I have all of the faults mentioned in complaints 

So I will be buying all Sony products from now on I have just bought the New Sony  65 OLED TV  very very happy with it.

Constellation

Mate good luck getting a refund, hope you have better luck than me. 

I just gave up after 5 months of pain dealing with Samsung and Consumer Affairs Vic, end result is Samsung refuse to admit any fault with this piece of **** and refused a refund. Consumer Affairs could only recommend I either go and pay somewhere??? For a private assessment that can prove the faults or take Samsung to court. Unfortunately I don’t have time for that. 

I’ll never even think about buying any Samsung device again after this experience,  I’ve even seen people looking at their **** in stores and take it upon myself to explain the issues :-)

The Sony HTz9F is a good replacement if you’re still after an Atmos capable soundbar, doesn’t have as many speakers or sound quite as good as the Samsung..... but it actually works which is worth much more to me!