Model #HW-KM38 Sound bar kit

Astronaut

Model #HW-KM38 Sound bar kit

After seeing conflicting information on the Walmart product page, I came to site to download a manual and see what I really had without opening the box. My searches for the model number found no products??

This is a Christmas gift, I would prefer not to open the box.

This was advertised as having a wireless subwoofer, and 2 wireless rear speakers. Is this true?

Its sad that most infomation available is from unknown people who have no connection to the manufacturer, or the seller.

2 REPLIES
Astronaut

Re: Model #HW-KM38 Sound bar kit

I have the same one! I just set it up and I'm highly disappointed. From the quality to the information available online about this model, it's trash. I should have bought another wireless LG. They work well beyond expectations especially for the price. I have a Samsung TV so I hopefully thought it would sound decent together, at high volume it's not bad, but for great quality sound from low to high LG wins. I guess I'll have to rethink what brand of brand new appliances I'm going to get for my home this February.....

If you haven't opened the box, return it and choose something different. any brand you choose, even a different model Samsung would be better than what they've pawn off on us. They must pulled out this model from the back of the warehouse to get rid of but not take a total loss on the books. That's my 2 cents, take it or leave it. 

Constellation

Re: Model #HW-KM38 Sound bar kit

The HW-KM38 is literally a repackaging of a Samsung HW-K360 2.1 Soundbar + Subwoofer and their SWA-8000s Wireless Surround Sound Kit.

If you want to upgrade the firmware, it can be downloaded here: https://www.samsung.com/us/televisions-home-theater/home-theater/sound-bars/samsung-hw-k360-soundbar... (This is for the soundbar ONLY)