Multiroom speaker problem

Constellation

Multiroom speaker problem

I purchased two WAM1500  360 multiroom speakers set up on wifi network each speaker plays flawlessly by itself however when grouped the speaker listed second in the group cuts out intermittently, If I regroup the speakers so that the order is changed it is always the speaker listed second in the group that cuts out. Any suggestions?

See more topics labeled with:

51 REPLIES
Samsung Moderator

Re: Multiroom speaker problem

Hey Jwc58, by chance does moving the speaker closer or further hold any different results?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Constellation

Having the same issue
Samsung Moderator

Sorry to hear, I have the same question for you; moving the speaker closer or further hold any different results?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Constellation

I am  having the same issue.

I have 3 R3 speakers in a multi room group. Two of the speakers constantly drop out. I have tried switching the speaker locations. Same issue. Sometimes I have to wake up the speakers by touching the top. Other times i have to unplug the speakers and ungroup then regroup them to work together

I have an access point setup so i have very good coverage and very good signal strength. All speakers are controlled from the same samsung tablet which doesn't move from the kitchen location.

Very frustrating and time consuming. Returning them would be another reel pain. I have already returned a Samsung M7 shape speaker because the sound quality was really bad.

Also the volume levels keep changing on their own.

It seems like a lot of people are haveing the same problems. hope they fix this thing soon.

Constellation

Unfortunately moving them closer (i live in 600sqft) hasnt helped. The problem and skipping has actually been getting worse. Any solutions or updates for this?

Samsung Moderator

If the distance has no affect on the skipping or sound quality and you have attempted to repair the speakers. I would recommend reaching out to the multiroom support team first to ensure there isn't something wrong with the software: multiroom.us@samsung.com  then if everything checks out software wise I would look into having a technician look at the unit. For in warranty services you are welcome to message us for details: http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Constellation

I have the exact same problem. Today I received both speakers back from a "repair" and they are doing exactyly the same as before. Samsung service has been a nightmare. Left hand doesn't know what the right is doing. I suspect a s software problem but the only suggestion I could get from Samsung was to return bth speakers. it cost me $90 to do so and they wanted to charge me for one of the "repairs" which they agreed to waive when I objected. All in all I am down $90, was without my speakers for 2 weeks and they are back in the exact same condition as before. Very frustrating

Constellation

Totally Frustrated with this app. It's not the speakers because I can swap the speakers and still have the same problem. 2 of the speakers constantly drop out of the group. I can check the signal strength on each speaker separately and I have full bars always. One other weird  thing that happens is that when the 2 speakers stop playing i would change the volume through the app and all 3 would start playing again as a group.

Good Luck. 

Samsung Moderator

Have you tried using the Multiroom app on any other devices?