Multiroom speaker problem

Constellation

Re: Multiroom speaker problem

Yes I have. Usually I run the application from an iPad. At the suggestion of Samsung service, I loaded the app onto an iPhone and got exactly the same behaviour. I deleted the app and relaoded it on the iPad - same outcome.

I think what I would really like to hear from the moderator is recognition that several customer are reporting the same problem. I will tell you that I never had this problem on the earlier version of the Multiroom app in the circa Q1 of 2016 timeframe. There was a significant change to the app accompanied by a different graphic for the app. I noticed this problem soon afterwards. Isnt it time to have the app developers study this?

I received an email from Samsung Customer Support Center on Wed 2/8/2017 apologising for unsuccessful repair. However the same email stated "However, I have checked the information and there are no reported issues with your Wireless speaker model". Given this post is all about people reporting the same problem, this is just infuriating. The email suggested I contact the same service depot which failed to repair the problem already. Absolutely no help.

Thanks

Samsung Moderator

Have you tried this application on an android device? Thank you. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Asteroid

I've also been dealing with this same issue for quite a while. We have 5 speakers in our system around the house. We either have all the speakers except the primary in the group drop from the group or mysteriously mute randomly. If it's just the mute issue, I can fix it by simply muting and unmuting the group. However, if the "group" actually gets messed up, I sometimes have to unplug the primary speakers and plug it back in for all the speakers to regroup. Also, the Multiroom app will hang trying to "regroup" unless I do that. It also doesn't seem to matter which speaker is primary. I've tried every combination to troubleshoot - even just creating a group of the two closest speakers which are nearest my wifi hub and I still have the issue.

It's very annoying. The mysterious mute issue happens about every 15-20 minutes. 

Samsung - please consider this a "reported" issue. Is there some official ticket we all need to fill out to get it "reported" because it seems that there are a whole lot of us reporting it here!

Asteroid

Also, I just want to clarify that we run the multiroom app on several devices. The device on which we run it doesn't seem to have any bearing on this issue. In fact, you can start streaming in the app and then turn off every device running the app since the streaming is controlled by the primary speaker. IMHO, the problem is in the grouping logic in the speakers themselves. We purchased a new speaker and making it the primary has drastically reduced the grouping issue, but the mute issue is insanely irritating.

Constellation

Yes I have. I have a Galaxy S5 phone. I tested it using this device yesterday based on your suggestion. I get the exact same symptom accross iPad, iPhone and Galaxy S5.

I would love to hear a Samsung person acknowledge the problem and commit to a solution.

Constellation

I too have the same problem with my speakers and the volume control problems seem to have started in the last few months. Samsung need to take a serious look at the app controlling their multi room speaker system. I'm getting tired of defending my choice of Samsung over Sonos to friends that visit my house!

Constellation

I have given up on getting a solution to this problem. I, and others on this post, have asked repeatedly that Samsung acknowledge the problem is real with common symptoms amongst the posters. That has not happened and, I suspect, will not happen.

I have just moved house to an older home with no wiring. I would not dream of considering Samsung wireless audio products given the experiences described here. As a quality professional I understand that problems can arise but I cannot understand or accept unwillingness to admit the issue and commit to a solution. All I can do is write a review on Amazon warning others that for now this problem exists with no solution in sight.

Constellation

For my system it seems to be the worst when my speakers are grouped & I'm connected to Spotify(?) At this point I can't do this anymore because the system randomly changes volume from minute to maximum levels. Samsung PLEASE find a fix for your system or I'm going to be forced to bin yours and buy the Sonos system at considerable expense!!!

Astronaut

I have the same problem - with grouped or single speakers - 5 throughout the house in total.  Usually streaming through spotify.  Perfectly fine if i stream to stand alone home theatre receiver or play music on my phone (Samsung S7) but as soon as i go to the speakers its like a cd jumping.  3 of the 5 are wired and i have tried grouping, ungrouping - all end up doing the same.

Samsung Moderator

Which speakers are you using?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.