Multiroom speaker problem

Constellation

Re: Multiroom speaker problem

I have (1)R5, (3)R3's, (1)R1

Samsung Moderator

Are you using the multiroom app by any chance?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

Yes, that is the only app I use these speakers with.

Samsung Moderator

Is it offering you the ability to set rear speakers?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

[ Edited ]

I have found a fix for this issue! First, the equipment I am using: I have two R1 speakers which I purchased online.

My inernet provider is Comcast/xfinity Blast 75mbps service and my router is a netgear R6300. I had the exact same issue, one speaker always cutting out intermitently. When I put both speakers on my 5G band the issue stopped! It must be something to do with bandwidth required to play multiple speakers at the same time. I must say I am VERY dissapointed with Samsung and their complete lack of support for these speakers! Whoever is answering this post from multiroom support clearly has NO clue what they are talking about and has no business in this capacity. I have searched all over the internet for help with this issue and nothing. I am seriously rethinking my loyalty to Samsung if this is how they operate!

MOD: I wanted to add how to connect to another wifi source since the support is so lacking for these speakers. To connect to another wifi source you need to push the button on the bottom of the speaker and make sure you are connected to the same network and have the multiroom app open. The app will prompt you when it see's the speaker again and you can connect to the new network. Hope this helps!

Asteroid

Interesting. Samsung support told me to disconnect my 5GHZ channel from my router as that was a more short range option. Claimed the 2.4GHZ was longer range. I did that, but my system still will not connect until I unplug my TV. It then finds and configures my Soundbar and two rear R1 speakers and all is fine until I turn off the TV. Next time I go to use the TV I must again unplug the TV in order for it to find my multiroom speaker setup. This is very frustrating. Anyone have an idea on why this is happening?

Constellation

The 5ghz channel is a shorter range than the 2.4 but has a higher bandwidth and therefore is faster. I am not sure why you are having trouble with the sound bar setup? Are you using a Samsung tv, and if so how old is the tv? Sounds like a software issue with the tv.

Asteroid

My TV is a 2105 65" curved Samsung SUHD, Series 9000. The soundbar is a 2015 curved Samsung 7500.

I just downloaded a new Multiroom app on my iPad last night. 

I have also played with my router settings.

I am now using only the 2.4 Ghz mode. I disconnected the 5 Ghz mode on my router.

I also cut the bandwidth to 20 on the 2.4 Ghz side, and changed channels to 11 from automatic.

I really don't know what all that did because I'm certainly not an expert in wireless

setups, but it did allow me to watch TV all evening last night without the usual hiccups

in the signal.

I also did a factory reset on the TV yesterday.

I still have to unplug the TV to get it to find my multiroom speaker setup.

Not fun, but at least it is consistent.

I'd be happy to hear from Samsung on this issue.

Asteroid

The Tv is a 2015 model, not 2105. Sorry.

Still no comment from Samsung on this issue.

Asteroid

I'm still looking for a solution to my problem with my 2015 Samsung 65" Curved SUHD TV and Soundbar with Multiroom connected R1 rear speakers.

Every time I go to watch TV,  I must unplug the TV in order for it to find my multiroom setup. I've tried numerous things to solve this issue. Everything is connected wirelessly. 

Once I unplug (reset) the TV everything works fine. Why do I have to do this every time I turn on the TV?