Multiroom speaker problem

Astronaut

Re: Multiroom speaker problem

This is the worse system ever. I totally regret spending $1,000's on the "whole house" system. I then had to buy the hub and that didn't make it any better. Now a new problem has popped up. While playing on all speakers, the music suddenly speeds up then all speakers stop playing. Then I need to ungroup and re-group all of the speakers. Samsung seems totally uninterested in making any improvements to the app. And yesterday when I opened the app, they have the neurve to ask for feedback. Once I completed the feedback the email won't send. Typical!

If anyone out there is thinking of investing in the system DO NOT!

Constellation

The same issue for me. Two R3 speakers and the multi-room app. One speaker reverts to bluetooth all the time and the wi-fi set-up needs to be reset every day/few hours.

I have tried every combination of location and connection but without result. I contacted the technicians who arranged for the one speaker to be fixed under warranty. I think they replaced the wi-fi unit. All to no avail.

Exactly the same problem as before and a continual pain.

I really wouldnt recommend Samsung speakers at all. Given the price and the lack of support for tghis problem I would suggest there are better and cheaper options.

Supernova

I am sorry to hear this. Do you have a previous ticket number I can look into? 

Astronaut

[ Edited ]

samproblem here and same tv ue55JS9000 and hwj-7500 and back to r1

Astronaut

Yep. Same issues here. I purchased all samsung products for home theater thinking everything would sync with ease, but NOPE. 

Constellation

[ Edited ]

Your suggestion works! Took me a while to figure it out, but my router has the option to fix the ip address of any connected device. Currently had 4 hours of uniterupted music.

Constellation

[ Edited ]

I recently purchased a Samsung Q7F TV, K850 Soundbar, and 2 R1's for surround sound and am having the same issues as reported by other users. In short, using the surround sound grouping in the multiroom app, I can group the speakers together. However, they keep upairing and then will not let me regroup unless I reset the speakers. I fixed the IP addresses on all four devices, but that did not help. I haven't tried the samsung hub. 

Update: Just jotting down notes, which may or may not be helpful to others. I originally reset all of my speakers to regroup, however, I was able to regroup the speakers by just reseting the sound bar. This makes sense given that the two R1's are basically slaves and disconnect from the wifi when grouped in surround mode.

Supernova

I would recommend calling our SmartThings department at 1-800- Samsung

Astronaut

[ Edited ]

Wow. Found this thread when I was having the same issues.

Astronaut

Had the same problem. Exactly every nine minutes my R1 speakers seem to disconnect for a few seconds intermittendly  (:00 / :09 / :18 / :27 / :36 / :45 / :54 and then again from :00). Turned out to be my own network! a firmware upgrade of my Netgear R7800 router.... Reverted back to .052 and had no problems since.

Worked this out with a quite helpfull Samsung Servicedesk employee in the Netherlands. He was intrigued by the problem and we spend over an hour on the phone. We tried to rule out my network by temporarily connecting my Samsung R1’s to a Personal Hotspot over 4G. But then, to our surprise, the problem vanished.

Then I turned to Netgear and quickly found out that multiple people were experiencing similar problems with the new FW.

Very disappointed in Netgear and positie Ly surprised by help I got from Samsung Support!