Samsung HW-N850 Sound Drop/Minor Issues

Constellation

Samsung HW-N850 Sound Drop/Minor Issues

Hello,

Here are a few "bugs" I have noticed on my HW-N850, which I would like to note is now the second one I have owned (the 1st was a BB open-box that didnt make it a week before taking a dump)

I use a 4K Apple TV on HDMI 1 for most of my TV/Movie viewing with the Samsung HW-N850. Sometimes the soundbar loses audio while I'm watching something (on the ATV) and will only get it back as soon as I switch inputs from and then back to the ATV.  Not too big of a deal, just annoying!

Sometimes the bar will not recognize the signal coming FROM the Apple TV on start up and automatically power on and switch to HDMI 2 (UHD Bluray Player) Another annoyance. 

The Samsung Smarthing App. I did not have an issue initially syncing/mating the SB to the app and to my WIFI network, however,  once I open the app then select the N850 Samsung from devices, the app it thinks, wheels spin, then it (the app) abruptly force closes. If I by chance select the upper right menu "dots" in time before it crashes the app works as intended. Again yet another annoyance!

I have no idea if these issues are common, uncommon, or if a firmware update will fix it. 

Some notes: All of the HDMI cables used are new and 4K/HDR compatable. The ATV has the latest update. 

Any help/insight is appreciated. Thanks!

8 REPLIES
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung HW-N850 Sound Drop/Minor Issues

@McDaygo; What model tv do you have? I understand it is 4K, is it a Samsung model tv? Also, what type of phone are you attempting to use the app on?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

My Tv is an LG B7A OLED, no Samsung. I’m using an IPhone for the app. 

Samsung Moderator

Understood. Have you tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling it to your phone?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

Yes. I’ve done that and everything else that makes sense. The app crashes every time. 

Samsung Moderator

It is possible this is a compatibility issue. However, we can have a technician take a look at the device. If you would like to take this route, you can send us a private message to the link.

Constellation

No, I am not interested in shipping my device. It’s all of 3 days old. This can’t be the only solution. 

Constellation

Just an update on the app crash issue. I deleted/removed the SB from my Samsung account, deleted and reinstalled the phone app, and re-paired (not repair as in fix) the SB and it is finally working as it should. Now keep in mind I had to do all or some of the steps I just mentioned numerous times just as an FYI (e.g. re-paired the SB 4+ times). If you are having the same or simlar issue just keep at it, hopefully it work as it should eventually. 

Astronaut

Hi McDaygo

Did you find a solution to the sound drop on HDMI1 using ATV? I'm experiencing the same problem using an ATV 4K on HDMI1, with the sound bar connected to a Samsung 65" Q9FN.

Best,

Brian