Samsung HW-N950 Soundbar - FIRMWARE

Constellation

Samsung HW-N950 Soundbar - FIRMWARE

I recently hooked up the Samsung N950 soundbar to my LG OLED C7. I’m trying to maximize the experience and I have a question about firmware.

How do you update the firmware via the service usb? When I updated the soundbar through the mobile app (WiFi), it became stuck for over 30 minutes, so I stopped it. When I went back to update it, the mobile app indicates that I now have the latest firmware - although, i’m not sure that’s the case. With this soundbar not having an OSD, I can’t tell what it’s doing when I insert the USB jump drive to the soundbar.

4 REPLIES
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung HW-N950 Soundbar - FIRMWARE

You can find the firmware file here: Link

You will need an empty USB Flash Drive.

Download the file from the link above

Once it is downloaded, right click on the file and click Extract and then select the base of the USB Flash Drive.

Then plug the USB Flash Drive into the soundbar.

Constellation

How will I know that the firmware is being updated? Any indications?
Samsung Moderator

There should be a small display to the bottom right. 

To check the current software version, turn off the unit. Press the gear icon on the remote for 5 seconds. It will run through the versions.

To install the update, insert the USB then connect the Power plug and wait 1-2 minutes. The display will show ON>UPDATE>BYE and then the unit will power off. 

Constellation

Do not just power off your unit. You have to unplug it first then insert USB stick (main file should be in root directory) then power on. As mentioned in another post the sound bar will indicate if it is updating.