YouTube Flash app on older TV device models will no longer be available starting June 30th 2017

Constellation

YouTube Flash app on older TV device models will no longer be available starting June 30th 2017

We are comfortable so far with YouTube app in Samsung Blu-Ray home theater HT E3500. Even though it's a Blu-Ray player, most of the time we just use YouTube app for video & audio streaming. Unfortunately, we got an alert from YouTube recently that YouTube Flash app for TVs no longer available from 30th June, 2017. Is there any plans to release a new firmware to enable YouTube in this device? Or is there any other way to play Internet-based content, like using Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC)?

17 REPLIES
Samsung Moderator

Re: YouTube Flash app on older TV device models will no longer be available starting June 30th 2017

That that's for the televisions.  As of right now, we don't know of any plans to remove it from the Blu-Ray players.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

Re: YouTube Flash app on older TV device models will no longer be available starting June 30th 2017

This answer is not at all helpful.

Are you going to update the firmware/OS on older Samsung devices to support HTML 5 or not? 

Samsung Moderator

I'm sorry, we do not know. Sadly we are unable to speculate on future updates, regardless of the device or reasoning and currently this has not been announced. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Astronaut

I have a Samsung BLu Ray HTS and have received this message - is an update available for this?
Samsung Moderator

I'm sorry, we do not know. Sadly we are unable to speculate on future updates and currently this has not been announced. I do not know if HTML5 is a hardware or software related feature. If it is hardware, then an update will not be able fix the issue. 

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Constellation

I have a 2012 Samsung 32" HD LED smart tv, and just recently started seeing this notification every time I would try to open my YOUTUBE application in the tv's smart hub. Sometimes, it wouldn't even let me access my content. But, today, I master reset the smart hub, not the tv. I saw some improvements in the performance of the applications that I have installed. Unfortunately, it didn't help YOUTUBE. The videos still freeze and crash. But, now I don't see the cursed notification. And, I didn't have to re-pair the application with my Google/YouTube account.

I've talked with agents from both Samsung and Google. It is unlikely so far that they will do anything about this defective, flawed, problematic, and malfunctioning application they stuck us with.

At least the tv itself works well, compared to some of the other folks who have bought the Samsung UN32EH5300FXZA 32" HD LED smart tv. There are a few glitches here and there, but I know how to get around them. 

Samsung Moderator

Have you tried youtube through the web browser?

Astronaut

We never again buy anything from SAMSUNG!!!

Astronaut

We never again buy anything from SAMSUNG!