cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
J0e_D0g
Constellation

Re: 2018 Samsung UHD UN50NU6900 old Hulu app.

I have the same issue as the OP and tried to change the country code to a different country as you suggested, but when I changed it back to the United States, the old Hulu app came back, Hulu version 5.1.244

uservhZVxDpA9U
Astronaut

Hi I have the same tv model but my Hulu app won’t play video. (Hulu account works on all of my other devices so this is an issue with the tv). It will load all the information on shows and episodes but when I select an episode a few adds play and then a message comes up saying “playback failure” indicating this is not an internet connection issue since the ads still play

can you help me?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Is Hulu the only app that is giving you this problem?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

useroewqFbJpO0
Constellation

I have the same issue with a Model # UN50NU6950FXZA.  Hulu with live works on all other devices, including another Samsung Samrt TV, but has the old version on this brand new tv.  It has a different, very confusing interface and can't see all of the channels/programs.  Can get clips on some shows, but not full programs.  No error messages. 

Any resolution?  this is unacceptable for a new smart TV, the whole point is to stream tv through the apps.  Other apps seam to be working ok.

Could I search for Hulu on the app search screen and possibly get the new version?  

Help!!

userYLFhdcrN2T
Astronaut

Hi SamsungLou, is there a solution to this issue yet? This post is over a month old. It's bizarre and completely frustrating that a brand new TV can't support the current version of the Hulu app. 

userdmUdjveJMw
Constellation

Same issue as most everyone in this thread.  Either stop advertising the "new Hulu experience" in the app details or update the app with proper expected funtuonality.  Stop side stepping by sending your customers to Hulu supoort.  Way to dodge responsibility on this.  

Will it be updated or no?  Pretty basic question.

userDncdpiLNKe
Astronaut

Just got a new UN43NU6950 and yup, I’m having the same old Hulu app problem. Reinstalling doesn’t solve anything. Posting this to bump the issue, as it’s really annoying.

user506GFM6GSY
Astronaut

I too have the same problem.  Seems as though Samsung doesn't care about this problem.  As a result, I will throw my Samsung TV in the garbage, and will buy an LG or a Vizio.  I suppose that will be the ultimate solution.

userSIdkg0kQhy
Astronaut

I have the same issue on my 65"  8500. I just ended a  chat session with Samsung and they claim they can fix it remotely.  I wil recontact them tonight when I get home to see if they can keep their promise.

user8Mfd3AA3vm
Constellation

I just spoke with Samsung, saying cannot access live TV from this as it was built just before the new app was

made available.  We should keep an eye out for software updates that will come eventually.

@userSIdkg0kQhy wrote:

I have the same issue on my 65"  8500. I just ended a  chat session with Samsung and they claim they can fix it remotely.  I wil recontact them tonight when I get home to see if they can keep their promise.