cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userbDyqglcxhH
Constellation

Re: 2018 Samsung UHD UN50NU6900 old Hulu app.

Same here. Just unboxed this it today, December 1, 2018 and I can't use Hulu live. The old version of the Hulu app is preloaded and cannot be updated. This is ludicrous Samsung. Stop telling users to contact Hulu when it is a Samsung problem. When can we expect a firmware update?

userZnuDqBtntT
Constellation

Same model and year TV for me too.

Like everyone else, I too am having the Samsung-HuluGate issue.  Agree this is completely a Samsung issue and that it is is firmware/software related.

1. Not being able to uninstall a preloaded app from the TV is crazy... there are a lot I don’t care about or want to see in the menu.  Why would Samsung even have a block on this? I can understand a block on the basic apps you NEED related to the TV controls and settings, but 3rd party apps?

2. This is Samsung firmware/software related because any Android or Apple device has zero issues, ie a $20 firestick is “smarter” than this TV.  

3. I use a firebox now on this TV and Alexa also sometimes has issues switching between programs and sometimes refers to the Samsung version of Hulu instead of the current version on the firebox itself... 

4. Completely false advertising on both Hulu’s website for 2017 and later... and false advertising on Samsung’s part as well plastering Hulu on the box and not being able to update it.  

5. We the customer should not have to call either company... the companies should be calling each other, period.  I blame Samsung as Hulu works on every other device known to man.

This is a complete pain in the rump.

When can we expect this to be updated by Samsung.  I hope soon.  

userZnuDqBtntT
Constellation

Sorry one more thing I didn’t mention... Country Code reset... Really???

Come on Samsung...  I haven’t tried it because other users said it didn’t work... but wow... looking at how to perform the country code reset for a 2018 smart TV reminds me of a 1980s video game cheat code. “Up, down, up, down, left, left, right, right, A, B, B, A”.

If the Samsung System knows the country IP address and what is downloadable legally per country then why is it even necessary?  

Again, appreciate the Samsung workaround help, but it’s not solving the root cause of uninstalling/reinstalling issues for a 3rd party.

userbDyqglcxhH
Constellation

Bump. Samsung FIX THIS. It is false advertising at best, and grounds for a shipset replacement at worst. Hulu's only option would be to code a one-off app update for this model only and push it. Since Samsung owns the model, it's your problem. YOU push the update to allow us to delete native apps. Or if that is contractually prohibited, the ability to update/add Hulu+. 

Someone from Samsung needs to weigh in here. I just hope this thread gets enough visibility before the Christmas crowd is disappointed...

userWC14LnUosc
Astronaut

Christmas crowd is here now, lol. Bought 2 TVs. The Frame 64” and the NU6900. The Frame has the Hulu New Experience, but the NU6900 doesn’t. If I knew that would be an issue, I would bought a version that has it! OMG, I don’t want to repack the 50” and SEND IT BACK TO SAMSUNG! WHAT A WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY! Samsung is killing me. My wife it’s the one upset, therefore I am furious woth Samsung for th FALSE advertisement. I waited enough for this TV cause after paying for it and waiting ans waiting, the shipping status changed to “BACKPRDER” and they didn’t even told me. I found a few days after it didn’t arrived (shipping date changed twice). I am very, very, very disappointed with Samsung and I might end up buying a FireStick just cause I don’t want to repack the TV and wait a month to get a new one. However, this will be the last time I make a deal with them. I stoped purchaising their phones cause they are crapy, their home apliances UI interfaces suck, and TV were the only thing that got my atrention. That’s it, no more and since now an on, all kind of negative feedback will come out of my mouth about Samsung. 

userjfW6C92hno
Astronaut

Any update on this?  I'm in the same boat same TV can't remove HULU or upgrade to the newer HULU app that OLDER Samsung TV's have.

I would expect this would have to be a Samsung Firmware update to fix/correct this issue?

userP4oP8bNA92
Astronaut

Yes, the Christmas crowd is indeed here.  I'm extremely annoyed by this issue with not being able to update the Hulu app/having the current one on my brand new tv.  I've had Sony tvs in the past and had Samsung envy, now I'm just frustrated.  Are you supposed to research the tv before you buy it to see if it is compatible with Hulu live tv? Who has that kind of time when it says on the box it works with Hulu!

This is on Samsung.  Let's go here.  Fix this now.  I don't want to by an external dongle device when the apps are alrady supposed to be on my new tv!

userDkcOTz6SHz
Constellation

I am another person who recently bought a Samsung NU6900.  The Hulu app worked fine for about 1 week, but the audio has now stopped working...no sound even on the same Stargate episodes that played fine 1 week ago!  We should have no problem with internet connection speed.  Tried reinstalling the Hulu app on the TV, but that didn’t help.  Hulu (incl. the Stargate episode we want to watch) works fine on our iPad, so it seems that the problem is with the Samsung TV,  or the Hulu app on the TV. Samsung are you able to help?

useruuSUbzMFwU
Constellation

Samsung you are getting tons of negative  advertising from this. I will be taking this TV back. What kind of company sells a new tv with this issue? 

userHEyaXzOdks
Constellation

I'm having the same problems but my smart TV has the new Hulu app and my phone has the old one so I can't get into it on my phone confused? Dennis :-)