cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: 2020 soundbars PCM audio processing delay bug (Q70T, Q800T, HW-T450 and maybe more)

Since the update I have noticed frequent sound cutting out from my Tv's tuner via ARC and a fire stick connected to the soundbar.  I only had the bar for a week before the update (if that update hadn't mostly corrected my issues I would no longer own this), did anyone else get these momentary drops before?

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: 2020 soundbars PCM audio processing delay bug (Q70T, Q800T, HW-T450 and maybe more)

New update installed around 24 hours ago and I haven't noticed any audio dropouts, watched an entire football game from the tuner and movie via fire stick as well.  I have turned off auto update so unless I'm dissatisfied later nothing will change unexpectedly.  

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Good to know that the update seemed to work. Please keep us updated if anything changes.

Unfortunately, like many others, the mobile app is not updating the app for me and I don't have the MICRO USB adapter to update via USB.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Managed to get my device updated to 1016 using the usb method and it appears to have resolved the missing sound on switch/apple tv menu-ing. Not experienced any audio breakup yet but will report back if I do.

Highlighted
Constellation

On the Q900T I have the exact same issues after the update as I had before.

When I check the available audio channels in for instance the last of us 2 on my PS4 it shows 2.0 available. When I switch to bitstream DTS I get 5.1 as I'm supposed to.

Never had the missing menu sounds issue on the Nintendo Switch but when selecting surround sound in the settings of the Switch and testing it it seems to play surround but skips the center channel. Ingame I'm missing dialogue because of this so I'm forced to play in stereo format. Again, nothing has changed here with the update :/

Now I have to admit my update was stuck on 70% in the Smartthings app so I triggered Alexa, turned on the TV (and thus soundbar), and when everything seemed to work correctly I figured the update must've been ready and force quitted the app on my phone. Maybe it missed updating some parts or something? I does show the newest firmware version in the app and on the soundbar however. Is there a way to completely reinstall the firmware or am I forced to wait untill the next update for that?

Highlighted
Astronaut

I am having this issue on a Q70T and it's driving me crazy. I am advising everyone not to buy Samsung soundbars as clearly there's an issue and they are not helpful.

Highlighted
Astronaut

With your PlayStation, if you're using bitstream, does everything work normally? Is it only when you're using PCM that there are issues?

Highlighted
Constellation

That is indeed the case on my Q900T so I'm using bitstream DTS as a workaround. Unfortunately though, the Nintendo Switch only supports LPCM so no workaround available there and only stereo audio because when I select surround on the Switch I'm missing center channel audio (dialogue). 

So in short, PS4 PCM downmixes to stereo, Switch surround misses center channel audio.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

I was finally able to use the SmartThings app to update my Q70T to 1017.5. This did not fix the issue of audio dropping out while using my Nintendo Switch. Menu sounds from the Switch were fixed in 1016, but it appears that 1017.5 did nothing else in regards to it. 

Highlighted
Constellation

I have the same issue with my Q80T and the Sonos Arc.. 

Dolby atmos, TrueHD/DD+  Works without any hiccup and perfect sound..

but all PCM (DTS, DTS-X) is only played back as pcm 2.0

Any ETA on the firmware to allow LPCM pass through on the 2020 qled's Samsung?