Original topic:

43" AU8000 Dropping WiFi and No Firmware Updates

(Topic created: 12-26-2022 01:42 PM)
grumpyjeff
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Purchased a 43" UN43AU8000FXZA just over a month ago. Wish I would have looked into this further earlier because I'm very frustrated and would have returned it, but I'm just past the stores return period and too bad so sad as far as they are concerned.

At any rate, the TV drops the WiFi connection multiple times per day making the smart features useless. I have to go into my AP and forget the TV and only then will it reconnect. I thought perhaps a firmware upgrade for the TV might help, it's on version 1251 out of the box. Your web site shows 2111.1 as the most recent. If I check for an update via the TV it shows no updates available. I tried putting the updated on a USB stick and updating manually, but nope! It won't take it from there either. It just parrots the same no updates found for this TV. GRRR!

Any idea why it won't update? Is 1251>2111.1 even though that would be non-intuitive? Perhaps the main-board in the TV was changed later in 2021 and there is a different branch of firmware and the website hasn't been updated?

7 Replies
NaFCtA1973
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater
Did You download to Your desktop, on a computer? You Must First download and Then, extract the files onto the computer desktop. After that's done, Then put the files on the USB stick. That's the Only way to have a successful software update on TV. Hope this helps. I had the same problem on My 43 inch 6900 series TV earlier. Looked up the procedure online.
0 Likes
grumpyjeff
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I did try that and it didn't help.

I strongly suspect that Samsung either has the wrong firmware posted, or changed the mainboard mid-stream. There's a Samsung hacking board out there; not going to post the URL as I'm certain Samsung wouldn't approve. Any way they have firmware updates posted for the various models. I noticed going into "About This TV" the firmware starts with T-NKLSAKUC.  Firmwares at that site all start with the same consistent prefix regardless of version. Whereas the ones posted here for the AU8000 all start with T-KSU2EAKUC.

Unfortunately no firmwares starting with T-KSU2EAKUC on that site either.

0 Likes
NaFCtA1973
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater
Sounds about right. I've had a notice, in August, from Samsung that My account was hacked. Of course, they said nothing was wrong now. I also read that in November, Samsung had their Key Security Certificates leaked online. I'd bet that was the cause of all the Massive problems people are having with Samsung products. Hope they get You fixed soon.
0 Likes
Members_S5006SX
Constellation
Options
Home Theater
  • I'm having this exact issue. I have the 48 inch version, but I've tried factory resetting, power reseting, updating via USB with 2 different usbs. I've extracted the files, and tried everything from putting only files on the USB, and no folders, to putting just the image folder on the USB, and just extracting straight to the USB. I'm gonna be contacting live support about it once I get off work this evening. If I end up finding any kind of fix, I'll share. 

0 Likes
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
Home Theater
Try a wireless bridge to turn the TV into a wired device. This has helped me in the past with wifi issues.
0 Likes
grumpyjeff
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Samsung actually released an OTA update this week (version 1420) so it seems that there is indeed a mismatch between the version they have posted online and the actual hardware. Knock on wood my wi-fi isn't dropping any more either. Not sure if this firmware update fixed it, or if it was a firmware update to my access point that came out since I posted here originally.

0 Likes
dictoresno
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

im having an issue also with my 50 inch AU8000. the website states that 2120 is the most recent version and ive tried EVERYTHING to get it to update via OTA and by USB, nothing works. im stuck on 1420 and it keeps telling me that its the most recent. 

my 55 inch AU8000 updated recently to 2120 without an issue. I spoke with Samsung live chat yesterday and they stated 2120 is indeed the most recent updated firmware, but gave no explanation why the tv refuses to update it via USB or OTA. ive already reset my tv to factory settings. when I purchased the tv two weeks ago, it did perform an OTA update during set up, I assume to 1420. is 2120 somehow being misrepresented as 1420?

0 Likes