JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Alexa cast problem on HW-Q800T

(Topic created on: 12/20/20 2:41 AM)
Bugalugs12
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I have smarthings with the Alexa skill and Alexa setup correctly both logged into the same Amazon account using the same email for Samsung. I'm using Android 11 on a pixel.

The HW-Q800T soundbar does NOT appear in the cast tab in Amazon music app but  strangely I can cast to a Google home device.

When I select "My device isn't here" I get this error "The Amazon Music store is not supported in your country." But country is set correctly to AU in all profiles.

I can however cast to the soundbar from inside the Alexa app.

Any ideas?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Bugalugs12
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

ok fixed it.

The Amazon location cannot have multiple countries in the delivery addresses anywhere, even if the default adddress is correct.

You Also need to default the sound bar press + and - for 5 seconds until it shows "INT" on the display.

solved thru trial and error, zero help from samsung they were inept - the service agent even tried to talk me out of whether the bar supports Alexa at all... dissapointing.

View solution in context

0 Likes
1 Reply
Solution
Bugalugs12
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

ok fixed it.

The Amazon location cannot have multiple countries in the delivery addresses anywhere, even if the default adddress is correct.

You Also need to default the sound bar press + and - for 5 seconds until it shows "INT" on the display.

solved thru trial and error, zero help from samsung they were inept - the service agent even tried to talk me out of whether the bar supports Alexa at all... dissapointing.

View solution in context

0 Likes