cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Amazon Subtitles not available on BD-J6300

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just bought a blue ray player BD-J6300.  It streams Amazon Prime videos with no playback issues, except for the fact that I can't get subtitles.  The player is not worth much to me without subtitles/close captions.  They work on Netflix but not on Amazon.  Any ideas about why, or how to get them?  I'll have to return the player to the store if I can't get that function to work within Amazon.  I can get CC on Amazon with any other device, computer, iPad, old Blue ray player, other DVD player with a smart TV...

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Subtitles not available

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for responding. I did figure out how to enable captions in the app...there's a small cc in the lower right corner when you open the controls for play, fast forward, etc.  it was just a little odd because it did not seem like it was possible to get to that by using the arrow buttons...the contrast when it was selected wasn't very visible because of the size of the letters...anyway, it's working now and that's how to do it in case someone else needs to know.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there Vmperkins, the subtitles would need to be enabled within the application. I do not personally use the app so I am not sure of it's location. I would recommend reaching out to the development team for the app for further information on the subtitles, though someone in the community may be able to offer the settings location. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for responding. I did figure out how to enable captions in the app...there's a small cc in the lower right corner when you open the controls for play, fast forward, etc.  it was just a little odd because it did not seem like it was possible to get to that by using the arrow buttons...the contrast when it was selected wasn't very visible because of the size of the letters...anyway, it's working now and that's how to do it in case someone else needs to know.

View solution in original post