Original topic:

Atmos & DTS:X delay on Q800T on Xbox games directly connected to soundbar.

(Topic created: 08-23-2021 04:04 PM)
djdmob
Constellation
Options
Home Theater
I have a Samsung TU8000 Crystal UHD TV with a Samsung HW-Q800T Soundbar with my Xbox One X directly connected to the Soundbar due to the noticeable audio delay with some eARC connections.

Before the 1019.5 firmware was released for my soundbar, I never got a delay from my Xbox on anything when Atmos or DTS:X was activated but the sound kept going out and I couldn't get it back unless I turned off the soundbar and turned it back on. Of course, that firmware fixed that issue and I no longer have to deal with that annoyance anymore.

But ever since that firmware got released, it created a new issue for me: Any games I play on my Xbox is now having a noticeable audio delay even with a direct connection to the soundbar. I tried a few things to try and get it working normally like changing my Digital Audio Output from PCM to Pass-Through which did nothing. I also bought 48Gbps Certified Ultra High Speed HDMI cables as somebody told me that could potentially fix it and that also didn't do anything (at least the cables are great quality though). I thought of trying to see if an HDFury Arcana would help as I heard it can also fix audio delay on some non-SONOS Arc soundbars but I don't want to spend $200 for something that may not fix the issue unless I know it's confirmed to help me with my situation.

But here's where things get weird. While the games I play on my Xbox have a noticeable audio delay, Atmos and DTS:X compatible movies have no audio delay on the system and works like it should.

Now when I play a game, I have to deactivate Bitstream out so I can play games without an audio delay. That of course means I can't use Atmos or DTS:X for compatible games which is hindering my experience on a soundbar that I spent $700 to get, making me start to regret my purchase.

I been patient on hoping that Samsung would release a new firmware to hopefully fix this issue since this was never an issue for me until that 1019.5 firmware got released for my soundbar. 4 months later and... well, nothing.

Now, I'm starting to wonder what else can I do to fix this? I contacted Microsoft about it, they said to contact Dolby. When I contacted Dolby, they said to contact Samsung as this issue is likely caused by my soundbar's firmware. That's why I'm typing this post. Maybe somebody can help me figure this issue out or have some suggestions for me or maybe somebody from Samsung would see this and hopefully do something about it or come up with some other suggestions that I can try out. Regardless, if anybody can give me some ideas on how to fix this issue, I would greatly appreciate it.
0 Likes
1 Reply
Jdar
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater
My first comment funny haha
0 Likes