cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dennis_90
Constellation

BD-J5100 firmware broken

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, the new firmware you release for the model BD-J5100 on March 23, 2017 has a problem. The compressed .zip file that the firmware is in is broken. You guys need to re-upload a new .zip file that is not broken.Untitled.png

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Honored Contributor

Re: BD-J5100 firmware broken

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sorry for the delay in response, we have sent this along to the firmware team so they can see what's going on with the file on our website. In the meantime though, have you attempted to update the player over the network? Any errors when updating there?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Dennis_90
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Still a broken (.zip) file...

Untitled.png

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sorry for the delay in response, we have sent this along to the firmware team so they can see what's going on with the file on our website. In the meantime though, have you attempted to update the player over the network? Any errors when updating there?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

userkFdq261Uuc
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How do I uninstall an update and roll back to the previous firmware?

Ever since I applied this update I cannot see my network. Prior to this I was able to use the BD-J5100 to play video files from my computer on the same network. When I tried after the update (which I unstalled via the internet) I can no longer see my computer when I try to change devices. The network test is OK and I can play things on YouTube, but I can no longer access other devices on my network to play files.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Unfortunately, you wouldn't be able to roll back the firmware.  

userkFdq261Uuc
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If I can't roll back the firmware update, how do I restore network functions? I want to be able to watch videos on my PC via the blu-ray player so I can see them on my TV. I was able to do this prior to the firmware update.

userFXw2REN4gU
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I see that this error has been happening for a while is Samsung actually working on this.  My Blue ray player just stopped being able to use apps with the same system time error as everyone else.  I own a bd j5100.   It always seems that things go wrong at time of updates wonder why they don't test these things more.