cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userTU64a5P81P
Constellation

Re: BD J5700 "system time is updating. Please try again later"

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My model is still doing the exact same thing and it just did another system update today. Mine is affecting Hulu and all apps, tv is not a smart tv so tv is now not useusable ☹  It worked fine before updates?? Please help Samsung...

Highlighted
useraaz4Ad1i7S
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just fixed mine after Samsung "punted".  I turned hotspot on on my cellphone and turned off the security on the hopspot and then connected the player to the hotspot and it updated immediately.  Then I connected the player to my network and it was fine.  Hope this helps.

useraaz4Ad1i7S
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just fixed mine after Samsung "punted".  I turned hotspot on on my cellphone and turned off the security on the hopspot and then connected the player to the hotspot and it updated immediately.  Then I connected the player to my network and it was fine.  Hope this helps.

useraaz4Ad1i7S
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

useraj7DnVKNLY
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Im having the same issue how do i fix it?

useruOCqMewPTb
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung! Please help!!! Your equipment is not working for many of us. What is the fix??

useruOCqMewPTb
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

VUDU is the only app that works on this blu ray player now. Not Netflix, You Tube, hulu, HotList, Yupp TV, Amazon, Pandora, or AccuWeather. Why? All apps except VUDU give that "system updating" error message. 

useruOCqMewPTb
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I got it to work! I used the hot spot from my phone and all the apps worked suddenly. No idea why. Then I switched back to our regular wifi and it worked like it used to, no system update message. 

useruOCqMewPTb
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

userIIhOpJ2qLp
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After firmware update to latest firmware. Then I got the same system time is updating error. checked time zone in Settings. It was set for Chicago and I don't live there. Weird. I reset it to my time zone. The DVD player is hardwired via ethernet. went to setup and chose wireless connection (have a wifi router) connected it. Then tried any and all Apps again-same error. back to setup chose LAN wired connection and back to apps, it works. Had to re-enter my netflix account password which was strange but I have it back.