cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kheberlein
Constellation

BD J5700 "system time is updating. Please try again later"

JUMP TO SOLUTION

When I click on the Netflix app, it always pops up with an error message saying the system time is updating.  I have been having this error for months and have not been able to access my apps. How do I get the system time to update so I can use the Netflix app? 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: BD J5700 "system time is updating. Please try again later"

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Basic steps are to test unplugging the unit, then if nothing is affected the final step would be a factory/hard reset of the unit. If this is still not successful, then service repairs are recommended. You can send us a private message with the serial number for further details: http://bit.ly/2igAXKH

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

102 REPLIES 102
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you send us a private message with the serial number? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userPHQtoaKUbU
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue on HT-J4550. Network test passes OK, software update went fine (online) but I can't access any app due to this error. Could you please help?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you send us a private message with the serial number?

user6xUwotQsxI
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just purchased the BD-JM57C a few days ago and have the same issue with the time updating. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Basic steps are to test unplugging the unit, then if nothing is affected the final step would be a factory/hard reset of the unit. If this is still not successful, then service repairs are recommended. You can send us a private message with the serial number for further details: http://bit.ly/2igAXKH

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
userbk3bsEAmhJ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

i am having the exact same problem as these people it has been months and i reset my whole unit still nothing.

userQtxGEmdTyW
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same message pop up and it's been since last night. What do i do?

userPPyrAoSSUg
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This happened to me today, I unplugged the internet from my router, disconnected my wi-fi extender, waited 30 seconds and plugged my internet back on and reconnected the extender to the the internet, plugged in the blu-ray player and it worked again.

userJRsvFSPLSD
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
You must get the solution from below link https://www.computing.net/answers/networking/samsung-bluray-system-time-is-updating-error-fixed/5244... " I just spent an hour piecing together an answer to this problem but I have the fix - here it is for everone else that is Googling the same problem. Basically, the Blu Ray player needs to check the time with a source on the internet. It will ONLY do this through port 123 on your router. If your router blocks the player's access to port 123, the player will basically give up. To fix this problem, you have to add an exception in your ROUTER'S settings that opens port 123 to the blu-ray player's IP address. I googled my router and "open port" to find instructions for my router (a Fritz Box), but your router will obviously be different. This WILL solve the issue, if you can manage to figure out how to do it. If not, give these instructions to tech support or a tech-savvy friend/nephew/paperboy and they will figure it out..... "