JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

BD J5700 "system time is updating. Please try again later"

(Topic created: 07-18-2018 12:51 PM)
kheberlein
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

When I click on the Netflix app, it always pops up with an error message saying the system time is updating.  I have been having this error for months and have not been able to access my apps. How do I get the system time to update so I can use the Netflix app? 

107 Replies
SamsungNik
Honored Contributor
Options
Home Theater

At this time, the current solution if you have already tried a hard reset is repairs. You are welcome to message us here with the full model code and serial number for more details: http://bit.ly/2igAXKH

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userZBEBTNo1J7
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

I hope this works for all of you who are going through this. I got one as a xmas gift and had it 3 months before it started that. So i got a new one from the store does same thing. Its samsungs fault and their mess up. But anywho i couldnt get that hotspot so i found another forum that helped and fixed mine in 30 min. The stupid blu ray player uses port 123 to update and most enet modums block it (not sure of the in-depth details) but if you go to your modems manual itl give you a website to visit. Example. Mines netgear, www.routerlocater.net username admin pass is password. Then you hit advanced and then down to port tether/fowarding. You give it a name. I chose to name it blurayplayer. Under ip address  left it as any and then typed 123 for all the port stuff. Incoming outgoing etc. Gave it 5 min went to my settings on the player and chose a diff time zone. Bam it was fixed 

usereUyfTnr87Y
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I have a J5100 and am having the same problem.  Please help.

0 Likes
SamsungMichelle
Red Giant
Options
Home Theater

How long have you had the unit? Is the firmware of the unit completely up to date? 

0 Likes
userw1tL1owrSs
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I bought this blu ray player 1 month ago only because of the Netflix App and I'm facing this issue since the very first time I turned on this device! I had try all the fixes listed on this thread and can't get this thing working, I'm getting really frustrated Samsung, and yes, the firmware is updated to the latest version, I did hard reset the player, etc, etc, etc....

0 Likes
userDERSKo1z6T
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I am havijnvv the same issue but see no fixes noted......please respond or I will dump every Samsung product I own.  

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Home Theater

Send us a private message with your full model and serial number: http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Home Theater

Please get that to us as soon as you can.  

0 Likes
userUx4cGYSRx7
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

While looking through the various answers and lack of same from Samsung here, I found that my player had reset its timezone to GMT. Once I set it to the correct time zone, I was able to again reconnect.

Check your time zone. It might be that simple although one would think the people at Samsung would figure their own out and share the info...

0 Likes
user2trrtSADmw
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

I have this same model and I did a factory reset, worked perfectl. With no disc in the machine, just hold down the ejet button for 4-5 secs until the rest screen appers on the TV, then follow through the wizard just like you did when you first purchased. It took all of 5 mins to resolve. I hope this helps someone.