Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userPIxqbwIxiv
Constellation

Re: BD J5700 "system time is updating. Please try again later"

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello.

What i do is to access network in settings menu, disconnect wifi and connect it again. It stops from showing that "time is updating" thing.

For me it works. Good luck.

This Roberto from PR yay!!!

userhGFQ4POuxq
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am also getting this error, no matter what I do. Vudu appears to be the only app that will work on my basically brand new Blu Ray player. Attempting to do the fix of assigning it port 123 on my router, but router settings say that port is already in use and cannot be assigned, so I'm at a dead end, and quite frustrated.

usermIvjDMiVJE
Constellation

what a joke. unacceptable, samsung

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userhGFQ4POuxq wrote:

I am also getting this error, no matter what I do. Vudu appears to be the only app that will work on my basically brand new Blu Ray player. Attempting to do the fix of assigning it port 123 on my router, but router settings say that port is already in use and cannot be assigned, so I'm at a dead end, and quite frustrated.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: what a joke. unacceptable, samsung

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usermIvjDMiVJE: What's the model of your Blu-Ray player?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

user1IaRaxH4d3
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are having the same problem with model J5700. Has anyone found a solution? Have tried connecting to another network without success.  

userxIvzUHt1Cn
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am also having the same problem with a BD J5700. Has Samsung come up with a solution that anyone knows of?

Thanks.

useroaf4D6dSS3
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

In the end the solution was easy.  (Sorry if anyone is offended).

Return it to the place of purchase.  Get your money back.

C C
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

OK, Samsung, this has now been going on for months with no fix made available, at least on this thread.  I just bought a brand new BD-JM57C and have the same problem.  It autoupdated itself the first time I turned it on, then when I clicked on Netflix, up came "System time is updating.  Please try again later."  I tried a hard wired IP address with port 123 (NTP) forward to it as someone on this thread suggested.  It still didn't work.  I don't have a mobile phone with a hot spot capability here, and don't feel I should have to get one just to get my Blu-ray player to do all it is supposed to.  

Release a fix for this soon, or tell us all to take them back to the stores we purchased them from for a refund.  (For me, that is many thousands of miles, as I assumed I could trust Samsung.)  -C.C.

CCW
userZBEBTNo1J7
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Did you change the time zone on the player after you opened port 123
user125YBFBZOE
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Check your time zone in Settings, General, Time Zone.   I live in Colorado and mine was set for Lisbon Spain.   As soon as I set the correct time zone, the problem went away