cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

BD-J5700

My two BD-J5700 Blu Ray players have frequent issues.  Often, I will insert a dvd or blu ray disk and the player will say that there is no disc inserted, or unable to read disc.  I thought I would try to update the player, but it will not connect to the internet.  I tried to connect wirelessly several times and double checked all passwords.  I also reset my router and the blu ray player multiple times.  At that point I decided to plug it directly into my router and try a "wired" ethernet connection.  The player won't even connect to the internet when it is wired in.  This is the worst blu ray player I have ever had.  I've had 2 of these and had the similar issues with both.  Someone please help.

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: BD-J5700

I'm sorry to hear that, what is your current firmware version on your Blu-ray player? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Hello and thank you for your reply.  On one player I currently have firmware:  B-jm53BSPWWB-1015.0.  I will have to check the other one also.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Samsung has provided me no help at all.  I realize that I need to update firmware so that the blu ray player will actually play dvd/blu ray disks as it is meant to.....however my bd-j5700 will not connect to ANY network.  I have tried 5 different networks...which tells me it's an issue with the device.    I'm very disappointed in this samsung product.  Unfortunately I have 2 if these.  I'll never buy another samsung blu ray player.  The thing that is most disappointing is that Samsung has done nothing to correct this issue.  Shame on you samsung for not backing your product.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

The update file, along with the instructions for manually updating using a USB drive, are available from the following link. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/2015-blu-ray-disc-player-j5700-series?redir=bd-j57...  If the update does not correct your errors, the device will require service.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I ran the firmware update via usb.  It seems to have worked....however the player still will not play some dvd/blu ray discs.  How do I get the device "serviced?"  Are there recommended places to service it?  Do I need to send it to samsung?

Thanks

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

If you would like to get the unit service you can go to a local repair shop or you can reach out to our depot center at 1-310-669-4334 and send the device in and get set up for service.  

Highlighted
Asteroid

As i've stated earlier, I cannot connect this BluRay player to the internet.  I've tried to download the file from your website, i've tried to connect via wifi and i've tried to connect via wired connection.....none of these work.  If it would connect to the internet I would've updated firmware years ago.  It is unacceptable that this thing wont play dvd's or blu rays.  I could not give these 5700 Blu Ray players a lower rating.  I have always been a samsung fan, but I'm switching to everything apple, sony, etc if this isnt made right.  Please have someone acutally read my posts and provide help.  Thank you.  I'm so sorry for the negative tone of my post.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

I'm sorry to hear that, I see that the most recent firmware version is 1020.1 I would recommend updating your blu-ray player. You can use this link to find the download. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/2015-blu-ray-disc-player-j5700-series

Highlighted
Asteroid

As i've stated earlier, I cannot connect this BluRay player to the internet.  I've tried to download the file from your website, i've tried to connect via wifi and i've tried to connect via wired connection.....none of these work.  If it would connect to the internet I would've updated firmware years ago.  It is unacceptable that this thing wont play dvd's or blu rays.  I could not give these 5700 Blu Ray players a lower rating.  I have always been a samsung fan, but I'm switching to everything apple, sony, etc if this isnt made right.  Please have someone acutally read my posts and provide help.  Thank you.  I'm so sorry for the negative tone of my post