cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

BD-J6300 - When using Amazon Video App - after 5- min screensaver kicks in

When using Amazon Video App - after 5- min screensaver kicks in (only screen blacks out with floating Samsung while sound continues). When I push up button on remote screen comes back on or another 5-6 minutes. Problem just started 11/15/2020. No problems for 2at least 1 year prior. No changes in equipment ot settings. Netflix is unaffected by this behavior. All my channels that operate through Amazon App (Acorn TV, Brit Box, MHZ TV, and Amazon Prime) act with the same problem. I called tech support and worked with a phone rep but to no end. Since then I have signed out of Amazon app, deregistered the blu ray device from Amazon, deleted Amazon App from device and then reset device to original settings out of the box. Then I reconnected player to internet, reinstalled Amazon App, re-registered device Amaon and signed back in to Amazon Prime. Problem still continues after all that. Something happened on 11/15/2020 that only affected Amazon. Got any input?

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: BD-J6300 - When using Amazon Video App - after 5- min screensaver kicks in

Ran across this post while researching same problem. Same exact thing happened to me. Same model, started same day, carbon copy of above post. No way to disable screensaver. From researching this seems to be something changed with Prime app and not player. It's happened in the past with other apps to other people. In past Samsung has said just press button on remote. Not a very good solution.

Hope somebody can help us with this! Thanks.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Exactly the same problem here. The Amazon Video app seems to have changed very recently (I noticed the subtitles etc. are different now) and with that the screensaver problem has started to occur. Amazon has recommended all the usual things (disconnect the bluray player from power, reconnect it, reset the smart hub, uninstall and reinstall the app, unregister the device from the Amazon account, re-register the device etc.) but nothing works. My personal opinion is that there is a bug in the newly released app that Amazon need to fix.

Highlighted
Constellation

I tried the same steps with the same results. This has to be happening to LOTS of people. Hope somebody figures it out. Going to research it again in a week or two and hopefully there's a fix out there. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Have sent all my info to Amazon community, now will have to wait and see. 

Next options to consider:

1) buy new Blu Ray.

2) dump Blu Ray player and run link through PC.

3) drop Britbox, AcornTV, and MHZ as channels.

Pressing up button not a fix nor option!!!

Highlighted
Astronaut

same here! on my BD-H6500
all was working fine with netflix and amazon, and now the screensaver kick in every 5 minutes when I'm using the amazon video app.....

Highlighted
Astronaut

Yep, it's a new issue.  Amazon changed their app and now this happens.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Having the exact same issue on the BD-H6500.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

This may be stating the obvious, but, have you tried disabling the screen saver in the Prime Video app settings?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Are you still in need of assistance?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.