Original topic:

BD-J6300 - When using Amazon Video App - after 5- min screensaver kicks in

(Topic created on: 11/20/20 9:10 PM)
northkey106
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

When using Amazon Video App - after 5- min screensaver kicks in (only screen blacks out with floating Samsung while sound continues). When I push up button on remote screen comes back on or another 5-6 minutes. Problem just started 11/15/2020. No problems for 2at least 1 year prior. No changes in equipment ot settings. Netflix is unaffected by this behavior. All my channels that operate through Amazon App (Acorn TV, Brit Box, MHZ TV, and Amazon Prime) act with the same problem. I called tech support and worked with a phone rep but to no end. Since then I have signed out of Amazon app, deregistered the blu ray device from Amazon, deleted Amazon App from device and then reset device to original settings out of the box. Then I reconnected player to internet, reinstalled Amazon App, re-registered device Amaon and signed back in to Amazon Prime. Problem still continues after all that. Something happened on 11/15/2020 that only affected Amazon. Got any input?

11 Replies
Hamachi
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I saw no screensaver to disable in the Prime Video settings through the website or settings in the app while accessing through the tv. Do you know of a different way to access?

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Home Theater

You'll need to wait for Amazon to potentially release an update to correct the screen saver issue, unfortunately.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes