cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KPDenver
Asteroid

BD-J7500 loses network

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just installed the new player BD-J7500 to replace a Sony which died.  In the first Netflix show I watched it said it lost the internet connection 3 times.  But each time I checked the network and it said it was connected.  This is very frustrating.  Any ideas?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KPDenver
Asteroid

Re: BD-J7500 loses network

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the LAN cable installed and we watched all evening and there was not a single incident of buffering or losing the network.  This is the solution and we are thrilled.  Thanks for all the support.

13 REPLIES 13
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi KPDenver! What's the distance from the router to the television?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

KPDenver
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

By distance only about 20 feet, but through 3 rooms around some corners by walking.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried putting this player in the same room as the router and then test this device? Thank you. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

KPDenver
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm sorry, I can't move the TV.  

Would it work to hardwire it with a 50ft. LAN cable?  Is there anything special I need to know?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes that will be fine. Let me know if this helps. Thank you. ^Drew

KPDenver
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a contractor coming this weekend to install the lan cable.  Thanks for all the help.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please keep us posted after the LAN cable is connected.

KPDenver
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the LAN cable installed and we watched all evening and there was not a single incident of buffering or losing the network.  This is the solution and we are thrilled.  Thanks for all the support.

AZDinker
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Honestly, what difference does it make how far the router is from the player? That's absolutely stupid! My main router, connected to the cable modem is in an upstairs bedroom closet networking cabinet, furthest possible place in the entire house from anything else, where the cable/networking enter the house - from the main router it goes through one, possibly 2 more routers, I have at least 15-20 various computers/devices connected via LAN all through the house. Every single item works great, ZERO connectivity problems at T1 speeds - all top of the line modems/routers. The distance from the incoming modem should have NO difference - just as our work router splits into at least 100 different ports through a structure 6 times the size of my house - and that's on DSL, I'm on cable. I'm chiming in because my Samsung BD-J7500ZA AND Samsung 65" 4K 3D Curved Screen TV both SUCK at streaming - yet the XBox 360 AND a computer AND the receiver AND the HD-DVD player all have ZERO streaming issues - and all are coming through the same 20 port router in the living room, coming from an 8 port switch coming from the main 4 port/WAN.