Original topic:

Bad customer service; no compatible rear speaker set?

(Topic created: 10-05-2021 01:19 PM)
useranJO9Sanpx
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

Hello. I bought a Samsung Electronics Sound+ Premium Soundbar (HW-MS650/ZA) in December 2019 from Amazon. I bought it as a bundle called Samsung Electronics Sound+ Premium Soundbar (HW-MS650/ZA) & Surround Speakers. At the time, the bundle sold for $375.98 (Amazon charged $277.99 for the soundbar and $97.99 for the rear speaker kit). The soundbar works great, but I believe the rear speakers have never worked. I recently moved my rear speakers and looked to confirm the wireless receiver they connect to was connected. I reviewed the manual and went through the steps to connect the receiver and soundbar several times but did not successfully connect the two.

On Saturday, July 31 at 12:29 p.m. E.S.T., I called the Samsung support line at ‪(800) 726-7864‬. The person who helped me was very friendly and seemed helpful. He asked me for the model numbers and the rear speaker kit serial number. He confirmed that the two were compatible before going very far into the process. We tried a couple things, including resetting the soundbar and the wireless receiver. He told me that based on what we found and my confirmation that the soundbar's bluetooth connection works with other devices, I have a faulty wireless receiver. He gave me the number to order Samsung parts to determine whether I could order a replacement wireless receiver (the kit minus the speakers).

On Friday, August 6 at 10:48 a.m. E.D.T., I called the parts number: (800) 627-4368‬. The woman who helped me told me they do not carry what I was looking for. I don't remember even giving her the model number, but I may have. She made it seem that I never should have expected to find the part I was looking for at that number. I was frustrated that the first person had even directed me to that number and did not know it would be unavailable.

That same day at 11:07 a.m., I contacted Samsung support on its Facebook messaging, as instructed on the website. I did not indicate I was looking for a replacement part. I just wanted to make sure I knew what options I had in replacing the rear speaker kit I was told was faulty. If there was an improved model that was compatible with my soundbar, I wanted to know it was available before buying the same model that wasn't working. At 11:16 a.m., that person (identifying as "Anny") told me the following: "

This Wireless Rear Speaker Kit is compatible with Sound+ soundbars, like yours: https://www.samsung.com/us/televisions-home-theater/television-home-theater-accessories/home-theater...." Because that was the same model I already had, I asked whether that was the only rear speakers that would be compatible. Anny replied, "Based on our website, yes, that is the only one compatible at the moment. However, you can try to contact our Sales team for them to review if they have other options/models available." Anny suggested I "reach our Sales team at 855-726-8721, available 7 days a week 9:00 AM – 9:00 PM EST."

That same day, August 6, at 7:00 p.m. E.S.T., I called the sales number Anny had given me. It did not give me an option to speak with a sales representative, as I expected based on the fact it had hours of operation. The only option was to receive text messages. I followed that option. I received a confirmation text at 7:01 p.m. E.S.T. I immediately replied with my request for compatible rear speakers for my soundbar.

It wasn't until the next morning, August 7, at 11:27 a.m. E.D.T. that I received a message from Shruthi. I then received messages every few minutes asking me to be patient, which I thought odd given I hadn't heard anything for about 4.5 operating hours since my initial text exchange.

Shruthi's first substantive message told me, "We do have the compatible model SWA-9000S - Wireless Rear Speaker Kit for Sound+ & Dolby Atmos Soundbars but currently it is out of stock." I asked whether that was the only compatible rear speaker set for my soundbar. The reply: "That is actually not compatible."

Shruthi then sent me a link: https://bit.ly/3AhW43h. This led me to this URL: https://www.samsung.com/us/televisions-home-theater/television-home-theater-accessories/all-televisi.... That page said, "Sorry. No items are available."

When the page didn't give me any information, I asked Shruthi, "Can you please just give me the model numbers that are compatible?" Shurthi tried sending me the link repeatedly, telling me to try opening a new tab or clearing my browser history, but it kept leading to the same page, whether I used Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge. I still don't know what that page was supposed to show me.

At noon E.D.T., I asked, "Why can't you just give me the model numbers?" Shruthi responded, "okay." Shruthi's next text read, "I'am really sorry we don't have the model numbers that are compatible for (HW-MS650/ZA)." I was taken aback and was unsure how to respond to this.

I asked where I could send a complaint. Shruthi assured me that Shruthi would send feedback. I asked repeatedly for ways to submit a complaint, including e-mail or mail, but Shruthi never gave me one, telling me there was no way to do so. Shruthi said, "I have written from my side and informed our manufacture team." And, "They will definitely try to manufacture … for this Sound+ Premium Soundbar (HW-MS650/ZA the rear speakers." I asked for the model number that "they" would manufacture. Shruthi replied, "I'am really sorry we don't have the model number for that once it is manufactured we will get the information."

I asked Shruthi once again to confirm, "the SWA-9000S is not compatible with the HW-MS650/ZA?" The reply: "Yes it is not." I asked, "Were those two ever compatible?" The reply: "No."

If Shruthi is correct, Amazon sold me a bundle that was never compatible, and the person I spoke to first in product support is wrong and led me through an unnecessary process. And my rear speaker kit might not be defective, just unable to connect to the soundbar Amazon sold me as compatible. Also, Samsung doesn't have any compatible products for me to purchase, but will try to manufacture something.

If Shruthi is incorrect, I got bad information from Samsung's sales team that precluded me from purchasing a replacement that would actually work.

On Saturday, August 7, at 12:40 p.m. E.D.T., immediately after Shruthi told me there was no way to submit a written complaint, I sent a message to Samsung's Facebook messaging to ask for how to do so. The person replying identified as Nina and asked for more detail. I asked for an e-mail address. Nina asked for "more details to refer you to the correct place." I told Nina, "There are several frustrations, but the end of the story is that the sales person told me there is no compatible rear speaker kit. This was inconsistent with what I had heard from Amazon and previous Samsung representatives."

She directed me to post to the Samsung community page, stating team members will see it. I can't believe there's nowhere to submit complaints. It's even less believable that there is no compatible rear speaker and that I was initially sent to a phone number that didn't even carry what I was told to ask for.

0 Likes
1 Reply
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Home Theater

I understand your frustration, and I apologize for this experience. I am going to do my best to address all of your concerns.

The SWA-9000S/ZA is compatible with the HW-MS650/ZA. It is listed in the specifications for both devices, and is indeed the only surround kit that is compatible with this sound bar. I apologize for the incorrect information that was previously provided to you.

The receiver module for the SWA-9000S/ZA is not available as a complete replacement part. The receiver kit can be sent to a repair center for service. As it is out of warranty, the cost of the repair would not be covered by Samsung. You also have the option of purchasing a new surround kit. While the samsung.com website shows this model to be currently out of stock, it is available from multiple online retailers, including Amazon and Best Buy.

Should you wish to escalate your experience, please send any communications to officeofpresident@sea.samsung.com. They will provide any assistance you may require.

If you would like to have the unit serviced, or if there is anything else I can assist you with, please send the serial numbers for both the sound bar an surround kit to my private message link at https://bit.ly/39kTopa, and I will provide all of the help I can.

Thank you.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes