Options
Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

2,664 Replies
user4kdVcdntjQ
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

We own three of these devices and have two that are doing the exact same thing. Any help would be appreciated!

0 Likes
userPSCjjTUXWi
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I am having the same power cycling issue on my Blu Ray player  BD- 5700. The boot lops began on June 20, 2020. I was in the middle of watching a movie when this happened. I had to disconnect after trying everything and having the same issues as @user7uH5pW6vY.  Please provide an actual fix.

@users7uH5pW6vY wrote:

This is strange. The OP posted their message a few hours ago. My Samsung BD-57C just started doing the same thing about an hour ago. As soon as it receives power, it starts clicking and buzzing as if it's trying to load a disc. Nothing is displayed on the TV. I changed batteries in the remote. The remote will open the drawer oncei per it on with the remote,  but the player closes it in two seconds and starts making noise again. If I insert a disc, I'll hear the player start reading the disc, but then it starts the clicking and buzzing. At no point will anything be displayed on the TV screen. I unplugged the player for ten minutes. While it's unplugged, I depressed the power button for 30 seconds. As soon as I plug it in, it immediately starts making noise. Any ideas? It's about 2 years old. I've maybe used it about 20 times. 
Thank you,

Rich

0 Likes
Vockroth
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

@The BOSS lady  @Anonymous 

My Blu Ray BD-J5100/ZA, MFD 2015.12 is doing the same thing. Disk played fine last night.  Different disk was inserted today 26 Jun 2020 and the player kept power cycling.  I did smell burning!  Only way to stop it was to unplug the player. I manually ejected the disk using a small screwdriver to turn the wheel in the cresent slot on the bottom of the player. I plugged in the player and the power cord jumps when the player cycles. I grasp the cord and can feel the current vibration and the surge.

I read a few post and different equipment is effected. My Samsung TV LN52B750U1FXZATV started acting up. Standby light illuminated, extinguishes when the power is depressed, then illuminates and the TV stays OFF. I mash the power button a few hundred times till the set finally turns on. The TV will turn on and off as expected once the TV is warmed up.

I have two other Samsung TV's, two Samsung Monitors and a Samsung Galaxy S8. Will I have problems with them?

0 Likes
userrDMSWOqPXp
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Add me to the list. I have 2 BD-J5700 blu-ray players that have the same problem. If Samsung doesn't fix this soon I will never buy another product from them again.

0 Likes
userqzmQyqYpUc
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I find it very strange everyone's Blu rays all of a sudden started doing this in the past few weeks.Mine started the other night to come on Samsung what did yall do send down a laser beam and blow them all up so we have to go buy more.Nice try i wont be buying anymore Samsung products if thats the case. Smiley Mad

0 Likes
Options
Home Theater

@userqzmQyqYpUc wrote:

I find it very strange everyone's Blu rays all of a sudden started doing this in the past few weeks.Mine started the other night to come on Samsung what did yall do send down a laser beam and blow them all up so we have to go buy more.Nice try i wont be buying anymore Samsung products if thats the case. Smiley Mad

It was a firmware update that slipped through.  I had one BR Die and the other survived because it was off.  The solution has been here for that past 10 pages or so..

Call 1-800-Samsung, get past the automated attendant, get to a real person, explain your have a Blu Ray player stuck in a boot loop. They will ask you to perform a reset (turn on, press eject for 15 seconds). After that they'll get information from you, email you a UPS lable, you ship it back to them. No charge shipping, no charge repair. 

userWRzPYMzncK
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I don't use my J5700 blu ray player regularly, but attempted to use it June 26th and was met with this atrocity.  Flashes the menu on the tv screen, shuts down.  Flashes, shuts down.  Repeat, repeat, repeat.  I thought maybe my house had been hit by lightning?  Unplugged it because if I hadn't that thing would have kept cycling 24/7.  Plugged it in 4 days later - same thing.  I was just looking up potential causes/fixes when I found this page.  HOW DID ALL THESE PLAYERS START THIS MALFUNCTION ALL AT THE SAME TIME?

0 Likes
user8FedjnjSFr
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Mine is suddenly doing the same thing. Was fine yesterday. Was there an update or something? What can be done?

userIQJ4eUWAKH
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Mine is having the same issue too today! I didn't even know mine was connected to the internet to do an update

userDMVx9YGCI4
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I have the same problem with my BDJ5700, infinite reboot bug.