Options
Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

2,664 Replies
user8FedjnjSFr
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

So we all just magically had the same problem at the same time?? Interesting...

6thWilbury
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

Not only magically, but I had it happen with two different players at the same time. I posted about this elsewhere in the thread, but mine pooped out. I then called my parents, borrowed theirs until I could get a replacement, and theirs did the same thing. All within a span of no more than six hours.

Are we sure this wasn't some bad firmware update that got pushed through, and affected all of our players at the same time?

quiglenj
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Thanks for sharing.  Yes, its a hardware issue by a well designed component that causes all model with different mfg. dates to fail at the same time.  It's a conspiracy.... jk.  I am sure Samsung will figure out the problem and let us all know how to move forward in a day or two.  And I still believe in the Tooth Fairy...

userliXrRekcA2
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Thanks for the update.

Anyone know how to roll back an update? 

I could also see a problem being tough to fix because you can't get out of the boot cycle, so you can't run an update.  

6thWilbury
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

Indeed, even if there is a fix, I can't imagine how we would ever implement it. The player doesn't stay on long enough for me to see the Samsung boot logo, let alone run some update.

user4ZsDscu80Y
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Our BD-J5700 also ‘acquired’ this infinite reboot bug at about 10:00ish last night. The loop is about 8 seconds long, the menu only comes up for the last two. The on-device buttons have stopped working, and the only button that seems to work on the remote is the ‘eject’ button. With these limitations neither a soft nor hard reset is possible. Unplugging overnight did not fix. 

MagusJoe
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I have a BD-JM57C doing the same thing. If you time it right, the directional keys do function on the main screen (from my experience) however it will still do the cycling. Samsung better get on a way to update or patch through the USB port because this will be a PR nightmare with some many owners having the same problem.

user6mWpI6zn0X
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Started seeing the same problem. Any solution?

Samsung BDJ5100ZA

0 Likes
useryRDrhvP5s5
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

Since this is happening to so many people at the same time I can only guess that your players were obsoleted for you. This seems to be a problem here. Good luck on getting this fixed. Brick City!

0 Likes
GaryCurran
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Yeah, and now we can add a BD57/ZA to the list of BlueRay players that don't work.  I can't believe this all went down like this.  It started out as the eject button not working, but now, I get the splash screen for about two seconds, and then it goes into infinite relooping.
With this many people reporting the problem, it's not hardware, it's firmware.