cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: HT-J5500W acts like its trying to read a disc, but has no disc, and tv sound not working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I braved the phone support line for all of us, and after 4 calls went through all the trouble shooting possible. The tech wanted me to set up an appointment for repairs and would not accept the idea that it could be the firmware update even in light of the fact that dozens of us developed the same problem on the same night. I'll give them a week to push a fix, and after that I say we turn this thread into recommendations for replacement.

edit - moderated thread on same issue at 

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Home-Theater/Blu-ray-player-BD-JM57C-keeps-cycling-on-off-whenev... 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: HT-J5500W acts like its trying to read a disc, but has no disc, and tv sound not working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just called as well.  I flat out told the tech that it was all over the community and was not my unit.  At that point he admitted there was an issue in the hands of software engineering.  He ran through some steps to ensure it was not something else.

My symptoms are, the menu shows on the screen the LED says No Disc.  The screen goes black and it says LOADING.  Then the LED says no disc and the menu pops up and then repeat.

He checked with the man behind the curtain and came back and said they are working on a know issue and need 72 hours.  They are saying they will push the update via the internet (hopefully they can.)  I have a case number for my troubles.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is crazy, so thousands of owners are having this issue and Samsung "might" have a fix in 72 hours.  Thanks to all of you for braving their phone support.  Agree that the more posts in the community about this problem the fast Samsung will address it.  #FrustratedwithSamsung

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I don't see how pushing a software fix would work because my player, like all the others, wontstay in one mode long enough to do anything. I'm hopeful but..

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem.  I created an account and posted this on Saturday night.  I can't find that post today.  It was nice rig, worked great, and then this.  Come on Samsung, we expect better from you.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Any news yet on the fix? Mine has been doing the same thing.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same system, same symptoms, same time it failed. What a coincidence!...Unless Samsung did an update that messed up the same player/amplifiers around the world. It may not be an easy fix if the recommendation in the user's manual and from tech support disabled internet connections, making an international problem even worse.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine just stop working also just a few hours ago.  When I went to the home screen it just keeps cycling between home screen and samsung logo every 2 seconds or a tad bit longer.  Can't wait to see what samsung comes back with.  

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Wow, I see I'm not alone, I'm having the exact same Issue, I didn't know how to put it in words but here Iam, there is no way to reset the DVD, I unplugged it 1000 times and nothing.

Also I see this discussion is from 9 hours ago and with all the replies it has to be something with the Firmware, but I also see not a response from SAMSUNG yet.

If anyone gets any response or find how to solve it, please share.

Thanks

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem.  Was working fine two days ago and yesterday trying to load disk and flashing from home screen to no disk or load display.  I called and tried resetting system and other things.  No help.  the customer service guy wanted me to send my unit in for repair.  No sure of cost, so I didn't send it yet.   Glad to know others are having same issue.