Options
Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

2,664 Replies
user2YxLG4oGEb
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

My BDJ5700 just started turning itself on and off this afternoon. Was working fine yesterday and this morning... so strange that everyone is having this problem!

userQP5eISc9Zx
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Another j5700 stuck in the loop.  What's up Samsung, definitely has to be update related.  Worked fine last 2 nights

userIHFLu1ksw3
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Same exact issue here with a HT-J4500. Started this afternoon. This is definately not just a simple failure. This is either a firmware update fail or someone planted a timebomb in the code.

I am not sure this can be fixed because of the short cycle time of the reset. There maybe no way to stop it to load new firmware.

Superfield
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

If they allowed a way to force the system to boot to a USB device when they designed it, then there is a way. If that's not an option, then yeah, this might be bad.

apierson
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

BD-JM57 just started doing the same thing. I had a movie paused and it just shut down. I've unplugged for several minutes, tried holding down the power and eject buttons through the cycles, and nothing is working. 

userpzYeBnF4ck
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

My problem started with my BD-JM57 on 6/23/2020 while watching a DVD...player went to sleep and when I pushed play, it started the crazy loop....couldn't figure out how to get the movie out either.  There was one post on this site that said to hold the eject button on the remote....worked and was able to get the movie out.  Once the tray shut again, the crazy cycle started again.

Does seem very ODD that a lot of people are having the SAME problem around the SAME time.  If solution doesn't present itself soon, does sound like a class action law SUIT.

0 Likes
userDqgf0IUtNn
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

My BD-jm-57C has developed the same problem today.  It worked fine last night but when I tried to turn it on today, it started cycling on and off.  It appears to be an issue with the disc player.  It had a disc in it when and I turned it off, but it doesn't seem to sense it now.  I was able to eject the disc by pressing the eject button on the remote while it was cycling on and off, but it continued to cycle on and off.   It gets all the way to the main screen and then shuts off and turns back on.  I've tried unplugging for hours and then plugged back in.  It immediately started the on/off cycling as soon as it was plugged in.  Any suggestions?  It doesn't stay on the main screen long enough to enter the settings mode.

userKoIGtgrQPR
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

There is nothing right now to fix it. Its happening to alot of models. Either there was a bad forced update or someone hacked in somewhere. Not sure they can even fix the problems with the short boot times.

userHpdnib39Za
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Well, got another one here. BD-JM57C...just started as we set down to watch Netflix. Worked excellent, before. Turned it off at 1AM this morning CST.

Watching...hoping. This is a REAL bad time to lose an entertainment system. C'mon Samsung!

uservWgePlj7zU
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Another BD-JM57C here experiencing boot loop. Player worked perfectly last night. Thankfully I've got a SONY 4K UHD & a SONY blu-ray player one other rooms I can use. If those fail, I can use the PS4 🤣 I guess I can see why SAMSUNG exited the media player market!