Options
Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

2,664 Replies
userNWduTqZuWI
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Same here with HT-J5500. Started 6/17. Hasn't hit our E5500 yet. It may be too old.

userOoRcZUZ9zh
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Replying to follow. Same issue with the BD-J5900 since yesterday (06/18/2020).

Samsung_NPtiJtn
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

MIne has been doing the same thing since yesterday. Worked fine in the morning and now cycling in the afternoon.

userOFVaCfZ2Sf
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Hi  I am new to this forum  so not sure how to join the string of comments, but this seems to be the most recent one .Something has been done by Samsung in the past  few days obviously. I have a BD-J5900 2yrs old and worked well until last night when it just made a noise as if its trying to run , just as everyone is descibing.The menu flashes up then disappears. Can anyone tell me what is the response from Samsung? they cannot ignore this ? How do we get tehm involved as this is a new serious customer issue with their BD products . If anyone has a answer please reply . 

userom1ThpjWT9
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I'm sales director for an IT company and we have PCs do this on occasion. I don't know if Samsung can send a fix via email and use the USB to connect to a PC to load from a BIOS type screen but, I'd be more than willing to try! 

userOFVaCfZ2Sf
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Hi that would be great I but the home screen only appears for seconds and does not respond to the remote at all so I will be unable to engage the USB . I  have just tried the UK support chat  line but response was ' all agents too busy' . This is a blanket issue that has happened in the last 24 hours. Is it possible they have sent a update to the unit ? 

Thanks

userdRBGbmYHla
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Someone posted saying that several people have spoken with Samsung and they are aware of the issue. They also said they'd be posting a fix in this forum. Fingers crossed!

users0dXnbfkBQ
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Same issue here with BD-J5900.  Reboots forever, doesn't work.

user9qeF2BiTWT
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Yep, same problem as everyone else on this thread. A few nights ago, while I had a movie running, a message popped up briefly about some system update that had just been completed.

I turned on my BD-JM57C last night and it started doing the same thing that everyone else has mentioned. I was able to open the disc tray just long enough to retrieve the disc that was in there, but otherwise it just keeps doing the same 3 to 4 second cycle of on/off over and over again whenever it's plugged in. 

This Samsung message board won't allow me to use the language I really feel like using in regard to all of this. 

userOFVaCfZ2Sf
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Hi 

In a way this is progress as you have evidence that a system update was carried out . I do not recall seeing such a message . There is post in this string from someone who has made contact and Samsung state they need 72 hrs ?? This could be a standard reply I am not experienced in using this access route . Do they read these notes ? . If their chat line does is too busy to  respond any sugguestions to get there attention as we can't let this fester on .