Options
Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

2,664 Replies
squeegie
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

I guess I feel better that I'm not hallucinating.  It seems like Samsung has turned all of our units into bricks.

I join the chorus that mine is now doing the same thing.  I even tried to load a DVD in the hopes that would help, just keeps showing the samsung splash screen then goes into the "home" screen for a second or two.  No sound, keeps repeating.  I almost took it apart to disconnect the touch screen control panel that someone in a different old thread said to try for similar symptoms.  I now won't do that.

Has anyone from Samsung responded?  

Samsung_NPtiJtn
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I have done all of the Samsung support options and they are not being helpful.

They want me to create a service ticket and pay for service. This is unbelievable. I hope they will make this right. I won't be a customer any longer if they don't.

Samsung_NPtiJtn
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

It is a $110 service and they will discount to $55. Awesome,...... not!!

userBoCkTSAX4K
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I know this feed is long so new commenter probably haven't seen the posts. A few of us spoke/chatted with Samsung. I chatted with a supervisor and they are aware of the problem and are working on it. They will post a resolution in this thread. The first customer service agent you get doesn't know about this, you need to talk with a supervisor. I know this is frustrating but some sort of wonky update messed up all our machines. Hang in there! I am in the same boat with you 😉

Samsung_NPtiJtn
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Thank you for the response. Standing by. 

userdRBGbmYHla
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Thanks for sharing your info. My husband and I thought we were insane because ours stopped working at the same time. I will keep checking back for info from Samsung. 

userRqpVbxoaL7
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Same issue with mine. There are no issues with components. I opened mine and disconnected everything from pcb board and it still kept on cycling. No issues with power supply or heat. This has to do with software/firmware.

userRvig4UAkJx
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Exact same issue as everyone else.  Mine started 48 hours ago, 7 am Eastern time Wed. June 17. Cycles on and off, have pressed power and eject together, have unplugged the whole device for 24 hours.  My BD JM57C is plugged into an older TV, but in fact, the 2 second on/off cycling occurs even when unplugged from the TV. It stops only when I pull the power plug. 
Clearly this is an issue on Samsung's end. Samsung, just back out whatever faulty software update you did and bring us all back to the way we were 3 days ago. Please.

user0QzKKwuQb4
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I hope there is an easy fix. If the player keeps cycling on and off, how can they update the firmware in that short of a time? 

uservS8OJEO3ET
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I'm in South Africa and the same thing happened to my HT-J5500W yesterday evening (18 June) when I switched it on. I also checked components and power supply and no change. So must be a global software/firmware issue.