Options
Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

2,664 Replies
userWO3QjvqPxX
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I contacted Samsung via chat and Steven told me that this appears to an issue with my blu Ray player and since my warranty has expired (1 yr), I'll have to have it serviced. When I told him there are 30+ people on this community thread that have the same issue which occurred at essentially the same time, he simply said there was no firmware update yesterday. WHAT SHALL WE DO? 

Jante
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

I was able to open and close the DVD slot with the remote. I don't know how Steven could think that it's the player when it shows if there is a DVD or not. Very frustrating, and same, I don't know what to do either. 

userUMlPkY4gtO
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

That's why I won't even bother calling. That is always a companies response with things like this and your warranty is up.

userWO3QjvqPxX
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

So our second Blu Ray started cycling a couple of days ago, as anticipated, based on what many of you have reported. The techy who installed our home entertainment systems (and who recommended the Samsung players) said he recently became aware of this issue and found out that Samsung is getting out of the Blu Ray player business.  I cant imagine why they would deliberately sabotage their Blu Ray players and tarnish their reputation by pissing off their faithful customers and not helping to find a solution! Crazy!

0 Likes
userEUnTEQrrPJ
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I have 3 samsung bd-jm57, 2 with wireless access and one with only wired access. The two with wireless connection options failed on 06/18/2020, The continue to power on and off.  The last firmware mod listed is back in dec. 12,2017.  I've yet to see if there is a new firmware update that failed or if the older firmware update incountered problems. The wired blu ray player with no wireless options is functioning fine, seems to me to be limited to the wireless options.

CalebC
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Hmm, interesting. Glad you still have at least ONE working. My BD-J5900 has always been wired (is it possible, despite being wired, that it goes wireless sometimes?), and is still having this issue cycling on and off.

Hopefully Samsung comes up with a satisfactory solution to all of this.

0 Likes
userclR5XY1ntq
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

On 6/18/2020 my Blu-ray Disc Player, BD-JM57 started re-cycling as soon as it receives power.  The device sounds like it is trying to open the disc tray.  Nothing is displayed on the TV.  I unplugged the player over night with no change.  Does Samsung have a solution?

Patrick1963
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

That is interesting. Now that you mention it I remember my HT-J5500 scrolling a message on boot up about checking the wireless speakers. But the speakers worked so I never felt the need to investigate.

user8qmkd5SUFf
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

My BD-J5700 also does not power up the USB port while it's boot looping.

I have an idea of what could be a fix, but it's unlikely Samsung would do it.  I've comfortable unsoldering the old flash chip and soldering in a new one.

userUMlPkY4gtO
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Ours is doing the same thing. Wednesday mid afternoon it started just cycling. I was able to finally get the disc out this morning after plugging it back in but it just keeps cycling. There is no way to get to any menus because it's on a 2-3 sec cycle time. Weird that this is happening to so many people. We are also in Canada.
It was hooked up wired to the internet but since we are mid kitchen/living room reno we had to go wireless for a while.