Options
Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

2,664 Replies
userME1o1F14Xb
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I have the same Blu-ray and same thing happened last night. Kinda annoying not receiving a real solution about the malfunction. Samsung you gotta be more serious about giving a proper response and solution. If it is either an issue with the latest firmware online update or the certificate to have expired

0 Likes
userG9GGh9Ekzt
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

This is unbelievable both players BDJM57C simultaneously corrupt and cycling on and off....what has Samsung done and what are they going to do about it??????? 

squeegie
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

several other threads, you're not alone - supposedly they are "working on" a fix

This thread has at least had moderator input

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Home-Theater/Blu-ray-player-BD-JM57C-keeps-cycling-on-off-whenev...

0 Likes
GenX3000
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I think this is happening due to a hack on Samsung’s servers on June 18th. It was reported on Forbes.com. Do yourselves a favor and change your wi-fi passwords immediately. Also change the passwords for your streaming services and just buy a new blu-ray player. Yes, it it's a bummer to shell out more money. But if Samsung is acting like there is no issue and they didn’t do an update, then it’s obviously due to the hack on their servers.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/zakdoffman/2020/06/18/genius-hackers-hijack-oxford-university-tech-for-...

More info here: https://www.tomsguide.com/news/ripple20-iot-flaws

usersHAfzIhWHX
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I just received confirmation from a customer service representative that there is a firmware issue, and their technical support is working on a patch to fix this issue.  The person recommended leaving the player unplugged. 

Ol_Joe
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

It will be interesting to see how a patch will be applied to a device that keeps shutting itself off.

Yankereb
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I don't think it was a hack because our 2 players have not had a connection in about 10 days due to changing providers.

userMbxk8iMAuU
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

My blue ray keeps turning on and off since 19th June. Seems to be a common problem. Does anybody have a firmware recovery we can install on external usb device or rectify problem? Thank you.

userOFVaCfZ2Sf
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

I first posted 2 days ago and It seems everyone with a Samsung Blu RAy has had this issue for the last 2 days . There are other much longer threads posted.  No official admittance from Samsung yet but this is a global issue, they have caused this and at last the outside consumer community such as 'Verge'  and 'Zdnet'  have picked it up . Check out there websites. We need greater consumer , social media & press publicity  of this to maximise  pressure on Samsung to get it sorted fast. The latest is it is server access certificates , Samsung will keep this as  lower  profile as they can so we must create as much awareness as possible and fast . Those of you our there who have the contacts and skills to do this please act.

user5z7lC2aDcC
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I've had the same problem with both of my BD-J5900's.  They both went the same day.  Powered them on, and then they both kept cycling on and off over and over and over!!!  Unplugged both and currently waiting on a solution.  I can see if ONE went bad, but both the same day - with the same problems!?!!  Frustrating to say the least.  

0 Likes