Options
Home Theater

Thanks. Tried that. Didn't fix it.

0 Likes
userS3ovsCBTdc
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

yup me too... BD-J5700. I own 5 that are scattered around the house and at parents.  One quit Wednesday/Thursday like everyone else and keeps cycling thru poweron, menu, no-disc, reboot.  Almost reminds me of a brown-out of a RaspberryPi or similar single board computer.   But, I can't get to the menu long enough to initate any firmware resets or factory resets.  I had a text chat with support last night but they insisted there was no update pushed, and my only option was to open a repair ticket and return the device to Samsung (and only Samsung) for repair.

userfGWmdVlYg6
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

same problem last night i was using it and it worked great went to bed. Next morning 9 hours later no good doing the cycling over and over tried holding eject and unplugging left unplugged for 8 hours still doing it 

useragK6feRlTs
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

Mine started today. Worked fine the night before. i have tryed holding eject botton and power for reset but only stays on for a few seconds. let me know if they get a fix.

userC2kNNmoCdg
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I contacted support and they assured me that there is nothing wrong with my blu ray player. The tech team is working on a solution. She said to give it a couple days. She said to unplug it for now but to plug it in every 6 hours and leave it plugged in for a few minutes so the update they find can go through. I have a j5100

userpsD2cOlR7Y
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Thanks for this information! Very helpful 🙂

0 Likes
userSdWlp445UV
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

someone may want to get a facebook group started so we can get a class action lawsuit going now 

userrB4Jcfohzz
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

I work at a tv repair shop just today I got 3 different Samsung models all with same problem 

0 Likes
userkJGOmeSCnS
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Mine is doing the same thing this is very frustrating.  I contacted samsung and they also stated mine was old. J5500w.  Not cool Samsung. Fix this issue

userCJhHTKr0ky
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

My second player just died, too