Options
Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

2,664 Replies
userSdWlp445UV
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I have contacted a lawyer who has a good relationship with local news. I understand making mistakes but no response is unacceptable. Also, if someone could start a Facebook group and link it in here that would be great 

userlRquRePML2
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Please update on the lawyer and his feedback.  Class action suit sounds like a good idea if they don't fix this RAPIDLY.  

0 Likes
userfGWmdVlYg6
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Many people for sure, last night i was using it and it worked great went to bed. Next morning 9 hours later no good doing the same as you said I've seen the other forums and this isn't a coincidence way too many people with the same issue same time frame. 

0 Likes
userFBYA9Luzn9
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Hi. Im in Latin America and I'm having the same loop problem with the same unit. It all started 20 hours ago. I thought it was deffective, but it seems it's Samsung's problem.

useriJOCukLAfc
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Same issue here. I am in Canada and I did the update a few days ago, I looked everywhere for a fix, there seems to be a lot of people with this issue and not just this exact model but others also. This is driving me a little nuts, I really hope theres a fix and soon. I am not impressed by samsung at all.

userAf8B6iYk4d
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

Samsung Blu-Ray player BD-J5900 has a major malfunction. Device was working normally the night before. As of this morning, June 19 2020:

•  BD-J5900 continuously cycles
  • Unresponsive to any input from unit buttons - if power button is held, the unit just restarts itself and issue persists
  • Unresponsive to remote
  • When unplugged from outlet and plugged back in, the issue persists

Looks like many other users are experiencing the exact same issue. This cannot be coincidental. Samsung, please remedy this issue for your customers as soon as possible.

userFI5VKkeoA3
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

My BD-J5700 is doing the same thing, also as of this morning.

0 Likes
cruisinbill
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I read the news reports on this issue and checked my BD-E5900 player, purchased in 2012. It wasn't initially connected to my home wi-fi and I did test a number of Blu-rays. Everything worked fine. As I had not connected it to our new router, I did so, and tested it again; no problem. It checked for a firmware update and advised there was none. The only issue I noticed is that BD Live no longer works but that may be more of a problem with my ISP [Shaw Communications here in Canada] and the Shaw BlueCurve router/modem we use. I also understand that Samsung discontinued making Blu-ray players last year . We just purchased a Samsung 4K TV so it looks like my next Blu-ray machine will be another brand. I hope everyone gets this resolved.

0 Likes
userBdaGyy1Igx
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

Mine has been doing the same exact thing it started yesterday. It's a little to coincidental that electronics start failing. Samsung for all we

Know sent out a kill switch to all electronics to stop so people will send in for repair 

0 Likes
userNjKGi33rvT
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

My BD-J5100 unit has stopped working. The disc drawer continously makes noises as if it's opening, but doesn't open or close unless activated by the remote. The unit also doesn't turn off unless unplugged. When the main screen comes on, the photo selection square is activated, the unit doesn't allow other selections, e.g. Netflix,  Amazon, and the unit immediately deactivates to a blank screen.

I tried unplugging the HDMI cable and repluggiing it in, also unplugging the unit and replugging it in. Nothing seems to make a difference.

0 Likes