Options
Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

2,664 Replies
user9LKnEOKQ88
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

same problem here.  Our Samsung Blu-ray player started cycling on and off non stop this afternoon.  Was working fine all morning then in the midddle of watching something on Netflix is shut off and started the on off cycle.  

Please let us know when there is a fix for this Samsung. 

userkVcsXDz9wg
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Same here was OK Wednesday 17. Thursday 18 looping

userFGm3AesgmS
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I have 2 of these in my home, the jm57 models and both were working fine 24 hours ago, now both of them are stuck in this infinite rebooting loop. Don't understand how they could botch the firmware update so poorly, if this a ploy to get me to buy new machines well they most certainly will NOT be Samsung's again that's a promise. They won't stay on long enough for me to even open the disc tray and retrieve my discs, so I don't see how the firmware will be able to be updated at all. Very unhappy with this. The fact that so many are having this same problem with these units is a glaring confirmation that Samsung created this problem for all of us customers. I've tried everything possible , unplug for 12 hours, hold eject and power for extended time, unplug cords, nothing remedies this infinite reboot loop. If these are bricked then shame on Samsung, I've always held Samsung in high regard but this situation is a major turning point. 

userbig8XHGhIK
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

Adding our name to the list. We've had ours for approx 2 years. We tried it all unplugging, holding down buttons, etc. Hoping to get an answer here. 

userKR9sgTJswD
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

Adding my name, started this morning, hoping for a way to get this fixed

JordanChadHungate
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Got the same problem on my BD J5100!

0 Likes
user8bXMlYT4Zd
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Same issue on my BD J5700, started 2 days ago

user9h7ucA8MWR
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I just tried the 'email CEO' option on the Samsung website.  Guess what...I got an error!

0 Likes
userMbxk8iMAuU
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Hi, I have the same problem with my bd-j5900. Did you find a fix?

0 Likes
KatieC11
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Here is my suggestion. I submitted a complaint to the FTC of the US. My concern has grown after seeing how many people and products have been affected all over the world.

Here is the link for the US FTC:

https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/media/video-0054-how-file-complaint