Options
Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

2,664 Replies
Samsung_NPtiJtn
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Samsung live chat rep says "sorry for the inconvenience and they are working on a solution."

SAMS-sung-NASA
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Thanks. Complaint filed.   Have to do OTHER, then find the SOMETHING ELSE.

0 Likes
MagusJoe
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

It is definitely time to do something else, since there has been a total lack of follow up on this issue. Everyday, the list grows with more people trying to figure out what happened. The lack of response is really worrisome to me. I've used a lot of Samsung products over the years, but this is a side I've never run into before.  

user8qmkd5SUFf
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I too filed a FTC complain because of this issue.

userertb5JejrD
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

FWIW I have two bd-jm57c players that failed Wednesday night in the same manner.  My kids are at home over the summer and I would appreciate if you could get this working before the kids cause too much trouble.  Thanks

userdOFkx1j81a
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

My Blu-ray player BD-JM57C, keeps cycling on/off whenever plugged in. I just noticed it last night 6/19/20.

userXkDxMHTTcn
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Happening here in the Netherlands as well, hope they'll be able to fix it soon. 

0 Likes
GTmomson
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

My Blu-ray player is a BD-J5900.  Worked fine in the morning no issues but then last night started powering on and off constantly!
When it comes on, the photos menu is highlighted and then it powers off again again.  The cycle lasts about 5 seconds.  Every attempt to quickly select the settings menu in order to reset the things fails because it powers down before I can do anything.
I have tried unplugging for five minutes; holding the Eject button; nothing seems to work.
Any suggestions, advice on fixing welcome.

usernZ9Xnrd5ce
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

Having the same issue. We have 2 machines (bdj-5100). Both worked fine on Thursday 6/18/20. On Friday, they both started the nonstop cycling on/off. We had to just unplug them... there's no way to make it stop with any buttons on the remotes or machine itself. It's like they suddenly have a mind if their own. Turn on, show the startup screen for less than 2 seconds, then turn off, and the cycle repeats over and over. Disconnecting power was the only way to stop it. But plugging it back in, even after hours, it just starts over again. Having two of them, this cannot possibly be a coincidence. Seems like it must be a bug. Is Samsung going to fix this, or are we all stuck with pricey paperweights now??

JohnEberhardMN
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Adding myself as another person who is seeing the same thing.