Options
Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

2,664 Replies
userw3rZfIuFXi
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Berlin den 19.06.2020 mein blueray player ht-j4500 zeigt genau das selbe Problem, hab auch alles versucht, sowohl reset als auch Laufwerk ganz auszubauen und zu reinigen aber hat alles nichts geholfen, ich bitte um Hinweise wenn jemand einen hat... Da es model übergreifend zu sein scheint geh ich von einem update fehler aus... Dies müsste dann geklärt werden von Samsung 

user2YhCfMAg5U
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Add another here.  Exactly the same, this is obviously a global issue and link to an update from Samsung. They better make this right.  

Libcat802
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Same issue exactly. Started on 6/18/2020. Worked fine the day before, now it does the cycling  between loading (no disc) and flashing the home screen. I even tried putting a disc in to see if that would "jump start" it to work correctly,but no luck. I unhooked the entire unit for about 12 hours and tried again. No luck. So I guess the only "comfort" in this issue is that it's definitely not "me," as techs like to point to the user as the problem! I will continue to monitor this list for a solution as I can't remember if I registered my product. I think I did. Also, how can a fix be through a software update if the unit isn't on? I only turn on when using. And if it isn't working, why would I turn it on? Guess I'll just turn it on a couple of times a day to see what happens. So maybe (hopefully) as soon as you turn the unit on it will send an update? Thanks for all the feedback concerning this issue. And I agree with one person who said that if a fix isn't provided by Samsung, then let's turn this into a "buy a new product" recommendation solution. Maybe not Samsung!

userD4aG1dQA9V
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

My device is having the same exact issue with my blu ray. I was trying to find a solution does anyone know of any recent information 

userrn1LFDxKhB
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

EXACT  same thing happened for me today.

It worked fine last night.    Watched A blu-ray  and Netflix.   This morning....the box starts clicking and cycling between "load" and the start screen.

Sounds like a firmware issue,  but since I CANNOT get the thing to stop loading doing a hard reset is going to be difficult.

If it IS planned obsolescence.....this is a pretty hamfisted way to do this--Bordering on Stupid. It sounds like a lot of us are experiencing this problem and it does not seem coincidental. 

userSWZ0xUw4zw
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

When I came on this forum this morning,6/19/2020, I quickly put together that this was global so I don't think this is planed obsolescence but we need to stay on Samsung to either make us whole with the same type of unit or fix it for free with no shipping fees and done quickly. I doubt they can do either but if we put pressure on them they have to do something! For the record I dragged three chat people over to the community forum to show them the extent of the problom. I think they know now for sure but they are waiting for Samsung to recognise it as a global"Something", could be a hack from N.Korea. Not going to start a conspiracy thing here but this is global. We need to stand strong. Get a reference # for your ticket and have them email it to you.

Options
Home Theater

Can you open a ticket for a unit out or warranty?  I'm trying to figure out how to open a ticket.

user4SadT3M4iV
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I created an account just for this. Same model, same scenario, same reboot cycling. There are several models that are having this issue, judging by posts here within the last 24 hours.

userZcuyjUhRHn
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Within the last 24 hours we had all FIVE of our Samsung BD-J5700 Blu-Ray players stop working.

Seems like a very widespread problem.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Home Theater

Same thing happened to me last night. No sound and then after a few tries it started into the loop that has been descrbed by you and all others here.  Has anyone heard anything? this is crazy that it seems several models just bit the dust at the same time.