Options
Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

2,664 Replies
user8FlCwmKAb7
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

That was one of the many fixes I to attempted with no benefit.  Still awaiting  a response from Samsung.  Hopeful on the software side or some other repair.  We have two of these in the family as well.

0 Likes
BradKent
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

BD-J5700

Was watching a DVD disc today 6-21-2020..   Paused the movie.

When went to un-pause...  encountered the aformentioned power-cycle issue everyone's reporting here.

Was about to toss it in the trash.  Glad I decided to google the issue.

user8FlCwmKAb7
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Mine is also doing the same thing.  Started 3 days ago.  We have tried every fix that has been mentioned on this thread.  No change.   It cycles too fast for the attempt to reset or check for any software updates.  No disc was in it when this began.  Don't think that's what it's about.

SunshineM
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

Friday night everything was working fine. Yesterday ran into the same issue checked my other unit was working fine . Afraid to try again only to find it will also not work. I have the original manual and it states to manually update firmware file. Problem is the last update they had was in 2017? So now what !

@user8FlCwmKAb7 wrote:

Mine is also doing the same thing.  Started 3 days ago.  We have tried every fix that has been mentioned on this thread.  No change.   It cycles too fast for the attempt to reset or check for any software updates.  No disc was in it when this began.  Don't think that's what it's about.

@user8FlCwmKAb7 wrote:

Mine is also doing the same thing.  Started 3 days ago.  We have tried every fix that has been mentioned on this thread.  No change.   It cycles too fast for the attempt to reset or check for

any software updates.  No disc was in it when this began.  Don't think that's what it's about.

0 Likes
userO3nPbJURZA
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

My Blu-ray player BD-J5700 started rebooting off and on on Wednesday June 17th. I have it unplugged now and will follow this thread for any potential soluction.

@user8FlCwmKAb7 wrote:

0 Likes
thefanman64
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I had this same problem with two of them, at our church, we have two of this model, one began boot looping but the other worked fine, we moved the other on because the room that had the boot loop problem was more important, then the other one gave us boot loop problems. Both were the BD - JM57C model.

@user8FlCwmKAb7 wrote:

@user8FlCwmKAb7 wrote:

@user8FlCwmKAb7 wrote:

0 Likes
The BOSS lady
Galaxy
Options
Home Theater

We are aware of customers who have reported an issue with boot loops on some Blu-Ray players and we are looking into this further. We will post an update here on this thread when we have more information. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

user2NrT5fUq7E
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

My BD-JM57C has the same problem as well last used it Wednesday and when I started it up today it started the infinite reboot I was able to get my DVD out of the player like others were. Will be waiting for a solution.

useryylW3cwEN0
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

How do I even get it open to see if I have a disk inside? The eject button isn't even working. 

user3GCWAGUyXK
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I can't get mine to open either.  Hopefully Samsung responds to the issue quickly!