Options
Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

2,664 Replies
user4OiCwsrZjO
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Well what a fine mess you've got us into, Ollie. My BD-JM57C is bricked too.

C'mon Folks! Quit screwing us around. It's obvious there's been a hack.

I swear, between the blu ray player, my samsung refrigerator and samsung dishwasher, I'd say I'm singing a sad song for Samsung - if this ain't fixed today, I'll never buy another samung product - ever!

STG!

userJsZvAXW4Up
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I think it's all of them. Samsung obviously wants us to buy a new player and thinks bricking the old ones will do the trick. BD-J5700/ZA boot-loop bricked after using it yesterday (June 19) for the first time in a week. Apparently it picked up the bad update. I don't think shipping it to somebody for service is likely to be cost-effective, and I really object to the idea that I should pay a substantial sum to fix what Samsung did, whether deliberately or otherwise.

Lucklly, since most of my movies have a DVD as well as BD in the package, I can crank up an old Sony DVD player or the PS3 as a substitute. For now.

userzl568HRxQm
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Had a small chat with a Samsung tech online, “This happens when the power to the Bluray is suddenly interrupted.

1.) Turn on the Bluray, your TV and the cable box if you have one

2.) As it does it's on and off on and off tricks, press the "load DVD" button (above the #2 button ) on the remote

3.) Put any DVD in and press close

4.) When the DVD begins playing, press the Function TV source button. (Top Right Button)

5.) Press source button to HDMI 1 or, whatever HDMI setting you're on.”
This didn't work, so next info:

“try to unplug device for at least 30 minutes”

Finally, after said I said, I'll try and that I had two BD-JM57 BRDVD that started this cycling process, the response:

“im sorry to hear that. possible that it may be a software issue. but there is no announced fix yet for the problem. we will need to patiently wait for it. im sorry for the inconvenience.”

0 Likes
userUKQTWsLVeB
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater
userfZ4JLWXJ1g
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

We are having the same issue.  BD-JM57C continuously cycling on/off.  Have tried unplugging, resetting, etc and nothing is working.  Seems to be hundreds of people with the same issue!

0 Likes
userWa0K3LA28z
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I have 2 units and they both started doing this as well, I get the feeling they're both trash now

0 Likes
user8qmkd5SUFf
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I just reached out to John Morgan of Morgan and Morgan because of this issue.

Whos with me if we start a class action against them?

Options
Home Theater
Might be a little premature. I'm sure they are just going to tell you to wait and see what Samsung's response is.
user8qmkd5SUFf
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

At least they will be able to see what's going on with this issue.

0 Likes
userMHEjx91r78
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

You do realize the only ones that benefit from a class action suit are the lawyers?  I've never received adequate compensation from  a class action suit.