Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

2,664 Replies
Options
Home Theater

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Home-Theater/bd-p/get-help-home-theater

Most new threads being created are related to this issue.

This is an amazing (and sad) situation.

hckyguy788
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Thank you. I'm going to keep posting the links to these other threads here, in case there are others like me that searched the Community unsuccessfully. 

user78SDjNu7bB
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

This this happened overnight and it's impossible or a coincidence that it happened to everyone at the same time. I was thinking it's damaged and was going to buy a new one. I called Samsung before I looked at this forum and they acted like something is wrong with my home theater and that I had to pay for the repairs. I'm not paying for nothing if it's something wrong on their end and seeing everyone with the same problem it's Samsung that needs to make it right. It was working perfectly fine and then this out of no where. 

hckyguy788
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

SAME. THING. HERE! I really hope people check here before they actually give money to Samsung for a remedy. I also hope Samsung makes this right. 

pixletwin
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Is anyone aware of Samsung putting out an update that caused this?

hckyguy788
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Given how big of an issue this has become across the world, it has to be an OTA push. I haven't seen anywhere on here where Samsung flat out admitted it, but all signs point to it. 

user78SDjNu7bB
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I called yesterday and a rep told me this started last Thursday and that they are aware of the problem. They have no time frame or no idea what happened. They tried to get me to pay for repairs and I told them I'm not paying for something that it has effected everyone at the same time. It's your problem and you need to fix it. We need to tell the news media as well as post on Twitter and instagram if you want to be heard. I already started and I or no one should pay for their problem. If I didn't find this community I would had paid and not known. Spread the word on social media and networks 

userdrTxVUBQXp
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Same issue sick of this  samsung need answers now!

0 Likes
pixletwin
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

My HT J5500W player also began experiencing this issue just a few days ago. I use this player not just as BD player, but it is also the sound system for my TV and Apple Box. This is very frustrating!

userZzFflXeEw7
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

So I guess once Samsung has replied to a thread with a non-reply they are able to mark the issue  "resolved" and close the thread?! Ridiculous. I look forward to my compensation check for my subscription services for this month that I am not currently able to use, and appreciate all of you on these threads who have been trying to sort out what is going on. I will unplug my unit now and cross my fingers!